HELLO and NEED HELP!!!!

Options
Hello :) I am doing this again for the umpinth time :( I was doing weight watchers and I did lose about 20 lbs, but I gained it back :-( I am really hoping this will help. I have a brother who joined MFP as well and he has been doing great. I on the other hand sometimes loose my motivation and I need help. If anyone has any great motivation ideas, please let me know. There are just some days that I would like to say the heck with it! But then, I remember the way that I am feeling health and self esteem wise and I can not keep doing this to myself. I am basically destroying my body. I am 31 and I do not want to get to a point where I just say the heck with my health. Started tracking again and I am really going to try and keep this up. I hope this will be the last time I will have to worry about my health and my well being :)

Replies

• carpediem4263
    carpediem4263 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me.
  • Babykitty2012
    Options
  • Babykitty2012
    Options
    Where did you get your picture?
  • Mama_Mac
    Options
    Motivation Sister! We got it here! You are going to rock this. I also did WW for 2 years and lost 60 pounds. Gained it all back. Since I have been on here (jan 2012), I have dropped 34 pounds ... and YOU CAN TOO!
    Logging/tracking is the best thing to start with. It takes 28 days to develop a habit; so start with tracking. Every month add a new goal ... making sure you have stayed within your nutritional range or making sure that you have drank all of your fluids for the day. Baby steps. This isn't a diet, but a lifestyle change (where have we heard that good advice before?) And remember ... Curvy is a good thing, as long as it's in the right places!
    :flowerforyou:
  • sallysuze
    sallysuze Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    weight watchers is hard work. all those points to calculate, all the money to spend, branded foods to buy.

mfp is easier, this website does the calculations, it is free so you can spend your money on the good food instead.

What mfp does take is commitment. Doing it day in and day out. You don't need motivation as such, just a way to build it into your everyday routine. Make logging a habit, like brushing your teeth.

Make cooking and moving your new hobbies, learn about food, try lots of different things. And log it!
  • zoefitzy
    Options
    Get out or purchase something you want to fit into and hang it somewhere visible, so you remember why you are doing it!
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    i really like the way my fitness pal works.. especially how many calories you get if you work out!!! what incentive! really pushes me to work out for that extra bit of food later.. lol
  • lillywhite2014
    lillywhite2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm a newbie up for some support also. I've dropped 43 pounds with another 40 to go to reach my goal. I've no support network either and I'm hoping to change that today!!
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hello I found motivation from all the great friends i made on this site by accepting them I wanted to be here everyday and give them support also so it made it easier to keep on track. I have been back around 55 days and have already lost 20 pounds. If anyone wants they can add me I am always willing to help and listen. George
  • FORAPURPOSE
    FORAPURPOSE Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well this is what I have found out... when I don't keep track, If I do not communicate with my MFP then I mess up... so everyday I have been trying to log in and I get to see what everyone is doing and then it motivates me to keep going to... If I do not exercise then I feel bad..... because I do not feel like my day is truly complete....But we do have to take a break and I do... But even now I feel like I should do something...but as long as I stay under my calorie count I do not feel so bad..... You can do it just log in everyday...
  • tanyaljo11
    tanyaljo11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Research at the University of Washington has shown that tracking/logging (no matter what the reason) can improve habits by 20% on it's own! So this is a great place to start. This website is easy to use and run numbers, setting goals however big or small you'd like. I'm shooting for reasonable at first so that I don't get discouraged, and as I create the habit of watching what I eat...I'll add the more challenging goals. I also did the scary step of taking my own measurements and taking "before" pictures so that it is a constant reminder of why I'm doing what I'm doing. Good luck!
  • JennPerkin
    JennPerkin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello All:

I need help too: I've done the WW thing also and met my goal (yay me!) however, I then stopped smoking in Feb of this year and gained 30lbs in mostly the wrong places... LOL So here I am again and I don't have cigarettes to fall back on and smoke instead of eating. I did not think it would be so hard. Where I think I went wrong was not having an exercise plan in place before I stopped and I should have cause I had the support system in place. Anyway that's my "now I'm fat" and abusing myself story and I need help.

I will be the first person to tell anyone else how good they look or how well they are doing but I can not see it in myself. Strange... So how you doin? LOL. My exercise plan is P90X and I have a gym in my building and have no excuse!!! HELP!!!
  • Juli_Lynch
    Options
    Good luck! I did WW too and lost 35 lbs. - gained it back and I'm at it again. This time have a trainer to help for advice and motivation, he has me following a high protein, low carb, low fat plan and I got P90X a week ago. Which I'm starting soon!

Keep trying...you will make it! :)
  • JennPerkin
    JennPerkin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too am making use of my teambeachbody.com coach this time around, as well as the food plan they give you in the book. I am going to use that page by page and just cut down the portions because I just can not eat that much.

We are all going to make our goals, we can do it!! Losing this weight has to be easier than quit smoking! Right?! :happy: