Evening/bedtime snack?

Options
13»

Replies

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    When I was still losing weight I didn't eat past 7pm, sometimes 5pm or 3pm, not that when you eat matters, all that matters is calories but I stopped because I had eaten all my calories by then. It turns out I had blundered into intermittent fasting by doing that and it helped me lose weight because I had a smaller "eating window" and that just helps you manage a calorie budget. Now that I'm maintaining I do an opposite window, not to lose weight but to keep my calorie budget for maintenance. Now I eat up until bed time sometimes but I skip breakfast and head to the gym and end up starting my eating at noon or so.

So my favorite evening snack is PB2 mixed with stevia in the raw, with some greek yogurt mixed in, and sometimes cottage cheese mixed in with that. Sometimes toasted french bread, or bob's red mill mighty tasty hot cereal, or some slices of ham and cheese.
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Something cold :)

Cereal with cold milk/soy milk

or Ice cream
  • rockheart
    rockheart Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sorbet!
  • rockheart
    rockheart Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    2 squares a of dark choc and a cup of herbal tea!

Oh yea, chocolate and tea. =9
  • SandyMeid
    Options
    Thinsation - yogurt pretzles for sweet and salty or a handful of almonds - lots of water! ( :
  • dmcole13
    dmcole13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i've heard night time snacks are terrible for weight loss and that you're not supposed to eat after dinner, but if i don't i'm starving and can't sleep. i like to have a fibre 1 brownie.

I've heard that Justin Bieber is the reincarnation of God

Everything you hear is true right??

This is NOT true. At all. This is one of those diet myths I find so ridiculous. Sure if you'e already eaten your calories for the day and you eat after dinner you'll gain but if you've eaten 800 calories by 9 PM, which is almost always the case for me then you're NOT gonna gain by eating dinner after 9 anymore then you would eating dinner at 6 PM

why do you have to be SUCH a smart *kitten*..............
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    Whatever I have calories for. Sometimes it will be fruit with yogurt or a couple cookies. Sometimes it will be a couple eggs or egg whites.
    Tonight I had 1 1/3 cups broccoli with soy sauce and a mini spring roll for 150 calories. It's like a mini meal and totally do-able.
  • judcost
    judcost Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Popcorn you can have 3 cups for 150 cals out of a popcorn popper it's awesome!

Same here, Popcorn (air popped on stove), almost every night.
  • kass22185
    kass22185 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been having an Oikos greek yogurt, honey flavored. Its my new night time addiction. And it is pretty high in protein so I don't wake up starving.