Will the cellulite get any better?

Options
So I'm 5'3" and 190 lbs and I have some really bad cellulite on my butt and thighs. It's genetic. My mom had it really bad. I'm smaller than my mom was, but I swear when I look at the back of my thighs I see my mom's thighs. That is not a good thing! So I read that a lot of it depends on genes, and that diet and exercise doesn't do a whole lot for it. I get it. Even thin people have cellulite. But I want to know whether it will get better with diet and exercise? It doesn't bother me a ton, since I don't wear a lot of revealing clothing. Swimsuit season isn't my favorite time of year though. The only person who sees the thighs on a regular basis is my husband, and he likes me the way I am, whether my thighs are dimpled or smooth...which they've never been smooth.

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    It's hard to tell, I know Fat is part of the reason, also yo-yo dieting contributes a lot to the symptoms, hopefully your skin is still young enough to repair the area if you lose the weight. I know losing a lot of weight and doing weight lifting tend to eliminate it but not most women like that option, but it is an option outside plastic surgery.
  • claudiacarmel
    claudiacarmel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Mine did. As I lost weight, I lost fat.
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I lost the cellulite on the back of my thighs, just by losing weight and working out. I weight lift, run, and do yoga. So yes, totally possible! And for reference I started at 5'4 192, to 132 so far. :)
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    As recent as June I had HORRIBLE cellulite all over my legs, thighs and butt. Like, so bad that I nicknamed myself "Hail Damage Clearance Sale". It has been there ever since I had my son- a decade ago!

I started counting calories and eating clean/paleo-ish in July, began C25K in August and in September, incorporated strength training, pilates and my usual yoga. I've only lost about 13 lbs. since then, but my cellulite is seriously almost all gone. I still have some on my upper thighs but compared to what I looked like just a few months ago- I basically walk around in shorty shorts everywhere to show off my legs!

Anyway, my legs also looked like my mothers legs- so I was pretty shocked at how quickly and/that I even lost the appearance of cellulite at all! I had always heard that you either have it or you don't and you are basically SOL once you get it. But, that hasn't been my experience. I think there is hope :)

Good luck!
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have cellulite on my thighs - have all my life and I attribute it not only to genetics but also yo-yo dieting. For the first time in my life I have started running doubled with low carb diet and am finding miraculously for the first time ever that the cellulite is actually going away. I am 62 years old.
  • SaraBiston1
    SaraBiston1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello dear,
    Take proper diet food. Do some Exercise Like swimming, walking, stair stepping and even dancing will facilitate burn calories and these exercises can help remove cellulite from the legs. You’ll do any exercise that increase muscle and burn calories.

Try cellulite massages. The treatment is fairly easy and is way sort of a normal massage. You need to apply a moderate to heavy pressure to the cellulite area, using the palms, fingers and or knuckles to firmly massage the area. The massage can increase blood circulation permitting the body to scrub out the toxins victimization the bodies natural waste system.

I hope this all will help you to remove cellulite.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    my cousins went away with running! mines is still here but im hoping c25k might start to help and reduce it
  • susanm160
    Options
    Hi there,
    Cellulite is fat deposits under the skin. Diet and exercise (which increases circulation and builds muscle) will help reduce cellulite. As the body burns the fat, it disappears. There was an article that I just skimmed that gave some recommendations on how to exercise to reduce cellulite. The article was in livingstrong.com. Here's the link:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/533559-does-cellulite-go-away-after-toning-your-legs-and-exercising/
  • annielizstan
    annielizstan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    The firstoff for getting rid of cellulite naturally is through healthier eating habits and regular exercising.
    Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
    Keeping your reusable water bottle filled could also help.
    Don't drink coffee, but you can try a with rub it.
    cardio can help because it burns extra calories and increases circulation.
    Try cellulite massages.Massage can increase blood circulation permitting the body to scrub out the toxins victimization the bodies natural waste system.
    Hope will help
  • annielizstan
    annielizstan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    The firstof for getting rid of cellulite naturally is through healthier eating habits and regular exercising.
    Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
    Keeping your reusable water bottle filled could also help.
    Don't drink coffee, but you can try a with rub it.
    cardio can help because it burns extra calories and increases circulation.
    Try cellulite massages.Massage can increase blood circulation permitting the body to scrub out the toxins victimization the bodies natural waste system.
    Hope will help
  • onandoff
    onandoff Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Also have this problem since I was a teenager. Deff a genetic thing combined with bad habits.
    So is it correct to assume that cellulite can go away when the skin begins to get toned? Not necessarily when losing weight but when muscles start to do their thing and melt more fat in the process?
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    my cousins went away with running! mines is still here but im hoping c25k might start to help and reduce it
    I concur, my highly unscientific personal experience and that of my friends is that high impact exercise that makes your cellulite jiggle combined with general fat loss makes a big difference.
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Mine started to improve as soon as I started living better. The only thing I cut out of my diet completly is butter but I don't know if v it's that, weight loss, or exercise or all three combined
  • JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I concur, my highly unscientific personal experience and that of my friends is that high impact exercise that makes your cellulite jiggle combined with general fat loss makes a big difference.

Lol, I like your explanation! I have to agree, running did wonders for my cellulite. I had cellulite on my thighs - and my calves! Running and losing weight really helped it look much better (enough to wear shorter skirts) but it didn't disappear 100%.