Things to tell your younger self (be creative)

Options

Replies

• oosaah
    oosaah Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Dear little me: BEG your parents to let you become a ballerina. Swimming made for an amazing eleven years, but dancing will continue to make your heart sing as an adult.

Dear middleschool me: Don't let your mama cut your bangs. Just don't. You have a widows peak, they'll stick out horizontally from your face for about a month.

Dear highschool me: Be kind. Love God. Remember when you're feeling angsty and misunderstood, it's because you're not taking any time to understand those around you. And seriously, stay the f* away from a certain boy and his guitars. Just don't even go there. Your real soulmate loves you in such an honest, transparent way. Hold out for that.

Dear college me: Don't be afraid of moving to the other side of the world. Take some time to really figure out what you want to study. And lastly, don't lose your compassion. You were put on this planet to help. Don't forget that.
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Never pass a toilet
    Never waste a boner
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    PUT DOWN THE LITTLE DEBBIE'S RIGHT NOW.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    To my 12-year-old self: 1) your mother loves more than you could ever know, and 2) just because you both suck at communicating doesn't make #1 false.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Dear younger me, don't listen to the comments made about your socks and sandals, oversized glasses, and Goodwill clothes. One day that'll become 'fashion.'
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    well, my big sis was 13 when I was born and was kinda a mean teenager that liked to torture me. I would tell the little me not to believe a word she said. When I was in kindergarten and she was 18 (old enough to know better) she thought it was funny to encourage me to scrape my nose freckles off with a butter knife. Among many other bad ideas. I'd hide my piggy bank from her too.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    No matter what you do, when you turn 17 don't buy the motorcycle...damn near killed myself on one running into the back of a truck and flying through the back and out the side of the camper topper. Had 200 stitches, rocks embedded in my legs and chest, a deep gash over my eye and one down the inside my leg.
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    "I'm so glad you chose to go to Drama Camp that one summer" :wink: (says the Senior Theatre Major)
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    To my teen self:

Stop eating quite so much. It's easier than you think.

Take your art more seriously! You'll decide to go into it as a profession.

No matter how much you love him, don't date him. Always wondering what it might have been like to be together is far preferable to the tears and years it takes to get over him when it ends.

And that boy you're friends with, but is maddeningly grumpy and aloof? He grows into the most wonderful man imaginable, and you're going to marry him.
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    ask out as many girls as humanly possible, it's a numbers game. Hit the gym before you do it
  • GreekAmericanChrissy
    Options
    Keep up the good work.
  • pushnhard
    Options
    To me as a teen:
    He will make you sad for a veeerrry long time.....Don't settle...
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Eat breakfast! It really does matter!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Don't wear that.

Don't stop painting.

Stick to one instrument and be persistent.

Break up with him already.
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    To little me:
    When the coach and friends were telling you to build up stamina and take3-5 rounds of the ground......F***ing do those rounds. It was really important for the sport.
    Dont take exercise classes as boring they will benefit you.
    Dont eat dinner again with friends once you already had dinner at home, its funny being young you have extra capacity but you will gain lot of weight. Dont eat extra.
    Love salads they are GOOD for you!
    Dont use your bike for every little distance you need to go, try walking more and more.
    Do push ups regularly otherwise after 30 you will not be able to do even two of them.
    You should be worried when you find it difficult to get your jeans, dont laugh at it.
    Etc etc:)
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    Dude you are such a handsome sexy muther****a you better start working out earlier... people would want to get laid with you even if you are fat but you better be sexy to feel like you can walk the world naked.

Sincerely your sexier and older self.
  • bandedsandi
    bandedsandi Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Dear young Sandi,

You owe it to yourself to be happy, and... only YOU can make yourself happy! Stop wasting your life wallowing in self pity!

And, for God's sake, listen to your mother when she tells you the guy you're so crazy about is a dishonourable ****.... 'coz he's gonna cheat on you one day and break your heart!

And don't stop being active, 'coz you'll grow FAT!

All my love
    Much wiser Sandi
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    "**** the system. You'll hate every one of your three years in college, so don't waste your time. Chase your dream even though everyone else is telling you it's nothing more than that."
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Stop waxing your eyebrows so thin, you'll spend a small fortune making them look normal as an adult, and you'll spend even more covering up that awful $50 tattoo.
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Girl, ditch the spiral perm and tame your brows.