Things to tell your younger self (be creative)

Options

Replies

• HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Dear teenage-self,

Stop worrying so much about pleasing everyone and have some friggen fun! Stop being so uptight and go experience things for yourself. This is the time that you can do crazy stupid things and not get in deep trouble for it! If you figured this out before you're 25, you would have one heck of an interesting life so far, instead of just starting!

Love,
    The more fun version
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    He isn't worth it.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    2ND GRADE: Call Grandparents for help. Don't do it all yourself.

HIGH SCHOOL: Care more about your grades and care less about being "like everyone else". Speak to someone about your anxiety. Make an effort with your boyfriend's parents. Take a year off after high school before college, you are only 17. No one is judging you harder than you are judging yourself.

COLLEGE: Bills are not optional. Easy Mac is not a food group. Dump your high school boyfriend; he is not being honest with you. Transfer schools, don't just leave. A brand new Chevy Aveo isn't a good idea, ever.

EARLY 20s: Cheap Whiskey isn't a good idea, ever. Cigarettes are not a good way to pass the time. Y'know what IS a good way to pass the time? Jogging. Love yourself; I promise so many others already do.
  • SellyBunnie
    Options
    Younger teen me: You're amazing in so many freaking ways! Believe Me!

*I would let every person hurt me with their words and actions. I believed I was an ugly fat beast, I believed I wasn't smart, I believed I was talent-less! I look at my pix from younger days and I'm like "wow...I looked really good"... I read poems and stories I wrote and I'm like "Damn...that's good!"...and I look at drawings that I did..."Girl...youre amazing".

Younger 20something me: You DO NOT need a man to take care of you!

*I let myself fall into the thought that the only way I will be something is if I am in a relationship/marriage with a man that will take care of me because I obviously was too ****ty of a person to do it on my own!

I have learned that I can be myself and love myself! Love everything about me and I have brains, ambition, drive, goals! I can take care of me! I'm starting to do that. I'm starting to believe in myself, fully and truly!
  • DaBigChief
    Options
    Don't wait - Loss your weight and workout. You'll be happier for it.
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    Three things..

1) Your going to have a lot of fun!
    2) These people are lost causes, your gonna feel bacd about them but don't worry as nothing you can say or do will make a difference.
    3) Play these powerball number through 2012.. 4, 13, 39, 46 and 51
  • Dezmind
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing. Amazing, simply amazing. Keep it up!! And add me if you like ok, I'd definitely appreciate it. And always remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Because of all these things, yall are indeed very strong people!!
  • Frantastic5685
    Options
    Eating crappy food will NOT make you feel better. Being fat is hard....
  • Skramer92
    Skramer92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    "No more monkeys jumping on the bed."
  • Frantastic5685
    Options
    3) Play these powerball number through 2012.. 4, 13, 39, 46 and 51

lmao
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Stop spending so much time looking back at where you've been, you're missing out on where you are.

Wouldve said that to my 20 years ago self.
  • Quanda1972
    Quanda1972 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would tell myself that a skateboard + steep hill + ramp does not give you invisible wings. Some childhood bruises does not disappear as you get older. LOL, was the tom boy in me :laugh: Still don't regret that experience, but would never had tried it if I knew the outcome before hand lol.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    DON'T DATE THE MORMON.
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Don't go for the first guy that pays you attention
    Don't sweat the small stuff
  • sportytalldoll
    sportytalldoll Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    1 - dont ever date that cop again - EVER

2- take more pictures - and actually print them to scrap

3- focus on remembering what grandpa's voice sounded like when he was still alive.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I'd tell my 10 and younger self to continue coloring and being artistic...
    My 13 year old self that I never needed makeup
    my 14 year old self that it all works out in High School, I make wonderful friends and meet the love of my life
    My 15 year old self I SHOULD have tried to get into after school activities.

I'm not very old yet so that's all I've got! Lol!!
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Don't lie to yourself and DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF. Tell everyone who you love that you love them EVERY CHANCE YOU GET. Life is short, live hard, live well and have fun. Don't be the good time friend be the ALL TIME friend!
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    DON'T SLEEP WITH HIM...and go to college out of state...FAR AWAY FROM HOME
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I would go to my 14 year old self and tell her not to date an older boy. He is not cool and when he doesn't get what he wants after a couple months he will dump you in front of the whole drill team.

I would go to my 15 year old self and tell her Josh, the older boy, dropped out of college and is a drug addict. You are the real winner, despite all the tears. You will go to college and have the most amazing and healthy relationship in the world. :)

And, stop freaking worrying about what others think. They really do NOT matter.
  • karmaology
    Options
    I'd tell my younger self "Not eating isn't the answer".