how often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• Reese61477
    Reese61477 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Rarely. I weight myself when I go to the dr office. I was an obsessive weigher so my best friend took my scale away from me...lol.
    I have done much better just going by my clothing sizes.
  • capt_nat
    Options
    Every morning but I only log on Saturdays. Shouldn't do it every day really because I drive myself nuts with the fluctuations. For instance this morning it looks like I've put on 2 lbs since Saturday despite being good. I know rationally it's probably water weight or something cruder but I am killing myself over it
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Every time I see one of these threads.

So about 20 times a day. :tongue:
  • rockabillywife
    Options
    We don't own scales, so only when I remember that I want to weigh myself while I am at the gym - Usually every 2 weeks or so.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Weekly, monday morning same sort of time each week
  • silty
    silty Posts: 3
    Options
    Pretty much every time I'm in the bathroom. Or sometimes when I'm just hit by the random desire.

I log my weight daily, with whatever my weight is when I wake up in the morning. I know the numbers fluctuate and it doesn't bother me, plus it never seems to more than a pound or two for me. Honestly, I just like stepping on the scale and seeing a number that's much smaller than it used to be. I find it a really great encouragement.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options

lol :laugh: :happy: :smile:

Once every two weeks.
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    This is the first month that I am weighing monthly. Normally I weigh myself daily before breakfast as I like to monitor my progress. I have to admit that it is killing me not knowing my daily weight but I have to trust that the plan/exercise is working.
  • Lindsay_N
    Lindsay_N Posts: 100
    Options
    Everyday.. sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.. bad habbit. But I only log my Thursday morning weigh in.
  • Beethoven1827
    Beethoven1827 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Most mornings. I don't worry about slight fluctuations, as long as overall it's going down more than up! I only log my weight on a Monday morning though. And I think my scale's realised this, since the last two Mondays I've either stayed the same for several days, only to drop on Tuesday, or even put on a couple of pounds *just* for the one day! :huh:
  • dragoness_leclerq
    Options
    Daily but more often than not, twice per day. Was it always this way? No. I used to hide my scale, far, far away.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

hahaha I nearly wrote the same too. But hey each to their own and all that....I weigh myself most mornings but I honestly don't know why I do it because i'm weight training so the scale doesn't really tell me much. It doesn't effect my day or anything if it's higher or lower than it was the previous day. The only thing I care about right now is reducing my body fat, and the scale is pretty useless for that really! lol
  • petejjcharlton
    petejjcharlton Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Twice a day, morning and night, but officially twice a week.
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Once a week at the gym because it's accurate.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Someone explain to me why you weigh at night? I don't get it? Your body is full of food and fluid, you wouldn't get a accurate body weight really?
  • KerrieJane86
    KerrieJane86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Right now every morning! (Maybe the odd time during the day.., but I don't pay attention to that weight)
  • nicolenoms
    Options
    Normally once a day, though sometimes I might skip a day, or weigh twice out of curiosity. I don't get hung up on the number as it fluctuates day to day, I just find it interesting to see how it changes. When I've seen a lower number a couple of times I decide it is real and log it, so even though I weigh daily my log shows an (almost) constant downward trend which is awesome for my confidence.

Right now though my scale is broken. Its been 3 days and I am surviving better thanI would have expected :)
  • petejjcharlton
    petejjcharlton Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I weigh at night because I know I'll be 2 lbs lighter in the morning so it gives me a head up for my morning weigh-in.
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    on the record, weekly, off the record, every other day :S
  • nolachick85
    Options
    I weigh myself nearly every morning. This hasn't always been the case though. I used to tell myself that the scale was just a number that didn't define me. I look back and now realize that I was in denial and that I actually didn't want to know the truth about the number! I realize now how important it is to weigh myself. During my state of denial, I gained 30 pounds without realizing. I believe I would have gotten a grip on my weight sooner if I had been aware of the number going up.