Look at my dairy for 10/22/12....

Options
I just started ALLL over today on my eating and I just wanted to make sure that I'm somewhat headed in the right direction. If you do decide to look backwards in my dairy it's bad lol. I had a lot of slip ups and I got everything out of the way and ready to go.

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    that coffee creamer is an odd choice - it has more sugar than you're avoiding by using sweet 'n low !! Actual milk or cream would probably be better.
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but I'd try adding some more fruit and veg to bump up the calorie count a little. Also, if you have a lot of calories to work with, why not ditch the artifical creamers and sweeteners and just use regular milk and sugar?
  • Greg3705
    Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That unlogged cup of sweet tea probably ate up half of your remaining calories. Otherwise the day looks great
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    looks ok to me. make sure you net 1200 cals, and you should be good to go!
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Be very careful with your measuring of the peanut butter!! I am not sure why there is something in the database which is only in tablespoon measures, but be VERY careful when measuring it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

You'll see in the example, even when using a proper measuring spoon, the calories ends up being almost 100 calories over!!

The same goes for the other measurements too (especially the 0.7 tablespoon of olive oil). Just be careful.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Double check the things you are adding from the database - your banana isn't showing any sugar, for instance.
  • a_stone_girl_dances
    Options
    Good job! Your portion control skills seem dead on. I also like that you are incorporating comfort food choices but not going overboard. I agree w/the person above about netting 1200, though. Remember to stay healthy during the process as it'll be much easier to maintain. Best of luck to you!
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    As for the teaspoon / other spoon measurements, I suggest weighing instead of 'spooning' :)
    Weight your spoon on a kitchen scale, then weigh the PB with spoon, and substract. I feel it's much more accurate. If you have a kitchen scale, of course.

Also, would like to see the 'saturated fats' level. Think you could make it show, this is also a rather important macro to track...
  • lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    I didn't go far enough back to see anything "bad" but I have to commend you for logging it...
    I think the posts that I saw before mine all had very good points.. I'm all for simpler/less processed foods but can understand your love of sweetened creamer and if it's important to you - make it fit in your day. One thing I found that works for me is keeping track of my fiber.... Fiber does a body good -- keeps "things" moving and I think it's the reason why my stomach is the flattest it's ever been. The majority of Americans don't get the recommended amount of 25 grams/day and looking at your log I think you probably fall in that category.
    Take it day by day............If you make bad choices, have a bad day -- just make the next one even better!!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,670 Member
    Options
    Looks balanced. Personally I would have preferred to get some protein at lunch to feel full until dinnertime. To that end I would have replaced the peanut butter with two soft boiled eggs, one at lunch and one later with the snack.
  • Planter02
    Options
    I started again yesterday low calories and no booze. Walk the dog for an hour. Hope I can keep it up!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    good thoughts so far... I don't think you ate enough though. I eat around 1500 calories a day and I weight 145. You also should watch your sodium, it is getting high and may cause you weight loss/gain problems.
  • Bobbie_89
    Bobbie_89 Posts: 146
    Options
    Thanks all for the advice...The coffee creamer is once a day but I know that adds up at the end of the week. My sodium level is something I'm working on, but the water weight really doesn't bother me cause I know no matter what you do you'll always have some water weight on you. There's days where I'm hungry and days where I'm not, I do try to reach the 1800 by adding in extra calories to a sandwhich or eggs, etc. I keep track of all the important things on my phone with APP since the site doens't allow to you put all that up there. I watch my fat and sat fat intake alot. I think I answered or replyed back to most of the comments. Thanks again everyone. I'll be looking into everything that everyone suggested!
  • Bobbie_89
    Options
    I'm no expert but I'd try adding some more fruit and veg to bump up the calorie count a little. Also, if you have a lot of calories to work with, why not ditch the artifical creamers and sweeteners and just use regular milk and sugar?

I do eat alot of it, but on some days I take a break from it. I'm still learning how to use alot of the veggies into meals. I've never been a big fan of them.
  • Bobbie_89
    Options
    Ok, I just put up the Sat. Fat and Fiber part up and shocking I wasn't over, I did great I think. Thanks again everyone!
  • lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    Glad you put fiber on your list of things to track!!!! You want to be in the red (ie go over) for fiber though -- that means you consumed more than you wanted and that is a good thing.
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    sannsk wrote:
    Weight your spoon on a kitchen scale, then weigh the PB with spoon, and substract.

Or use negative weighing:
    1. Put the loaded food container (PB jar, butter dish, ice cream tub) on the scale.
    2. Press the 'tare' button i.e. reset the numbers to zero.
    3. Dispense food from the container and reweigh container. For example, if you've removed 17 grams from the container, it will say '-17 g'.
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    One last piece of advice: Don't trust MFP's estimates for calorie burn. I really doubt 38 minutes of walking burns 385 calories! If possible, use a heart rate monitor for accurate calorie burn...