20lbs can be a success right?

Options
Back in April, I decided I was going to get rid of my beer gut, man boobs, and puppy fat. Too many holiday pictures made me squint awkwardly...enough was enough.

My starting weight was 202lbs. Instead of dieting, I relied on portion control and actively going to the gym. By the beginning of August, I was down to 180lbs. Family visiting for 2 weeks, and a week long vacation put me back up, but I'm back down hovering at the 180lb mark.

The thing is, I'm really proud of what I've achieved so far, but everyone that posts on MFP loses so much weight. My 20lb loss can still be a success right? I think so...kinda.

Replies

• committowalk
    committowalk Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    20 lbs is absolutely a success!! I'm only down 7 lbs and I'm super proud of myself. Every little bit counts and what counts is that you are making efforts and going in the right direction. Keep it up and be proud!!
  • robnels63
    robnels63 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Any loss is a success

Great work
  • zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Options
    Yes, of course!! I am stoked about my 23lbs!! I still have 30-35lbs to go, but I am lighter than I have been in 5 years. That is some serious *kitten*, and nothing to sneeze at!!!

Awesome job! You should just be glad that you don't NEED to lose a momentous amount. 20lbs is hard to lose, especially when you are closer to your goal weight.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as just 20 pounds. Think of it as you lost 10% of your starting bodyweight, and I am sure most (if not all of it) was fat.
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yes. And I bet it feels good! You set a goal and accomplished it. Be happy that you got control of your weight before you had to lose more than 20.
  • FatGruff
    Options
    Awesome support! Thanks guys!

Never thought about it as losing 10% of my body weight, what a great way to look at it.
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    any weight loss is a success! Well done to you - you deserve to be proud of yourself.
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Of course it's a success! I'm down 22 so far, and I didn't think it was a big deal until I put it into perspective. I picked up two of my heavier cats and was thinking, wow, I lost both of these guys in weight! They felt really heavy and it was great to think I wasn't lugging that around anymore!
  • USMC1968
    USMC1968 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    EVERY negative pound is a success...
  • DaveQuail
    Options
    Major success! Well done!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Of course it's a success! Every step closer to a healthy weight is a success, and 20 lbs is not easy to lose. Well done, you should definitely be proud! :smile:
  • toberdawg
    Options
    I found this video enlightening! Here is the address. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFjhmddDPRw

(copy and paste)
  • lynndeye
    lynndeye Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I'm down 13 and it's not easy. I have dealt with weight all of my life and I have to work for every pound, which makes success that much sweeter! Be proud of your yourself...it's a big accomplishment!
  • m2nc
    m2nc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Any loss is a success and you have done it twice now! SO be proud of your accomplishment and keep moving those numbers down to where you want them!
  • FatGruff
    Options
    Awesome, awesome stuff. Thanks for the support and for re-cementing the good work so far!
  • petejjcharlton
    petejjcharlton Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well done that's excellent, I was told by my pharmacist lose 10% of your weight and live 10 years longer, which really inspired me to lose the pounds.
  • jman369
    jman369 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    progress not perfection...that's the success
  • Cmg7664
    Cmg7664 Posts: 20
    Options
    Of course it is a succuss! Congratulations.....keep up the good work! :)
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    The health benefits of losing 20 pounds are incredible! There are benefits that we can't see, but they are there!

One example: I have a book about cancer (family loss makes you start reading different books about different issues). It says that when you stop GAINING weight, your chances of cancer lessen. but when you LOOSE weight, the percentage of not getting cancer goes up much higher !
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I consider any weight loss a success. Great job!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!