Breakfast!!

Options
emmalouc93
emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
I have looked around, and I am sooooo bored of having the same breakfast over and over.

Eggs, porridge, so on...

What does everyone have for breakfast that is just a little different from the usual, I am so bored with breakfast and have to force it down in the morning!

Any ideas would be brilliant!!

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt. Add fruit, fresh or dried, seeds, nuts, ground flaxseed etc.

Toast. Top with a smear of marmite and a dollop of cottage cheese. Or peanut butter. Or smoothed avocado- add lemon pepper and celery salt or a dash of hot sauce.

Smoked fish
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Have you tried not having it? If you're having to force it down then maybe you don't actually need it. Maybe try eating later and see what happens.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is to make a "healthy Egg McMuffin". I pan fry (in PAM) an egg white. 1 Piece of Round Canadian Bacon, 1 slice of FF American Cheese, and a thin slice of Avocado on a whole wheat English Muffin.
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have a piece of whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter with my coffee. I've known friends who spread avocado on a slice of toast, too.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    i always used to eat breakfast before... happened the same , got bored of it, and now I HATE all the foods somebody would normally eat for breakfast.... eggs, oatmeal, cereal (i do eat cereal but like snaks, without milk), sausages, pancakes, waffles, u name it... just the smell makes me gag. So no, I do not eat breakfast.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it being 'breakfast food'. Eat the healthy leftovers from the night before, or whatever you do crave at the moment. As long as it's healthy, it doesn't matter if it's eggs, oatmeal, etc....
  • sandyjeffery
    Options
    I like to eat 2 hard boiled eggs with a piece of wheat toast with light butter or a breakfast cereal bar.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I like mixing apple sauce in my morning yogurt. Even when you're not hungry, it's easier to get down than solids.
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who will often have dinner for breakfast...meatballs, vegies, cutlets, eggs, half an avocado, vegie pasta...sometimes itll be leftovers from the night before and sometimes she will whip it up that morning
  • twoosugars
    Options
    Rivita with butter and marmalade

porridge with raisins and cinnamon

French toast made with egg whites & maple syrup
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who will often have dinner for breakfast...meatballs, vegies, cutlets, eggs, half an avocado, vegie pasta...sometimes itll be leftovers from the night before and sometimes she will whip it up that morning

She actually just sent me an sms right then showing what she just had. It was tuna boats aka tuna avocado and eggs with pepper and paprika in cos lettuce....FOR BREAKFAST!!!
  • wakechick25
    Options
    Greek yogurt - mix in pb and sugar free Jelly, it'a a healthier version of pb&j for breakfast!
    Toast with avocado and an egg on top
    Egg white breakfast burrito
    Overnight oats (look up online, really easy to make the night before)
    biggest loser pancake recipe with peanut butter on top or fruit.
  • ravenforest3009
    ravenforest3009 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    30g of musli - soaked overnight in orange juice.
    Then add 1 grated apple and a dollop of Greek yogurt and a dusting of cinnamon.

Poached pear (in juice) with some walnut and yogurt

Brown bread (not the flabby toast) with some peanutbutter and slices of banana

Leftover turkey curry from the night before (who said you can't have savouries for breakfast)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    6 Oz Steak. You don't have to eat only the traditional Breakfast food you know :)
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I usually eat oatmeal with a piece of fruit. When I'm feeling a tad sluggish, I'll have boiled or scrambled eggs on the side with the oatmeal, or skip the oatmeal and add some bread (pita, whole-wheat, etc.) I have cereal in my desk drawer, but I very seldom eat them; however, I need to, before they expire. Hmmm......I may be having breakfast cereal in the morning. :wink:
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner for breakfast all the time, Need carbs? Hit up a container of easy mac with something weird like pb& toast, yeah they don't match, but it made breakfast blow my mind last week. Lol
  • emmalouc93
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions :D

I like the idea of dinner for breakfast, breakfast foods in general just make me gag even thinking of them.... I just can't stomach it, I don't know - I think I function a lot better having breakfast though, so I really don't want to cut it out, and I have the appetite usually, it's just the food that makes me not want to eat it if that makes sense.

Some nice ideas, thanks a million everyone :)
  • emmalouc93
    Options

She actually just sent me an sms right then showing what she just had. It was tuna boats aka tuna avocado and eggs with pepper and paprika in cos lettuce....FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Mmmm that sounds good.... I love tuna, often had it for breakfast, I just kind of forgot about it?? Thanks for reminding me! :D haha
  • Island_Style20
    Island_Style20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've been doing eggs a lot, but that's just because I love them. However yesterday I spread cottage cheese on wheat toast and sprinkled with cinnamon. Was absolutely DELICIOUS!
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    this morning for breakfast i had a chopped up italian sausage link (vegetarian sausage in my case) cooked with mushrooms, kale, and an ounce of havarti cheese.