Plateau needing HELP

Options
So after 4 weeks of my weight being at a plateau I've figured out I need to eat more or...since I'm burning so many calories I need to eat back most of them. My Larry aka my metabolism (you don't name yours?) has efficiently caught up to my eating a workout regimen....you dastardly dog you. So I shall trick him again. However look at my food diary i only knew how to eat bad and now in moderation. How do I eat more and well?

Replies

• lillywhite2014
    lillywhite2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    According to Jillian Michaels when a plateau occurs we need to increase our calories intake to maintenance level. But we should only need to do it for a few days. She recommends that we vary our calorie intake between 1800 and 2400 calories, and then after the three days, drop back down to the calorie allowance that your on to lose the weight (so for me I'd increase to my calorie intake up to 1800 then return to 1200 on day four). Then your metabolism should be as happy as, well, Larry again.

I found that by increasing each meal portion by a small amount that I was able to add the extra calories quite easily. (I am extremely vigilant with my measurements!). Smoothies are great way to bump up the calories too.

Good luck!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    According to Jillian Michaels when a plateau occurs we need to increase our calories intake to maintenance level. But we should only need to do it for a few days. She recommends that we vary our calorie intake between 1800 and 2400 calories, and then after the three days, drop back down to the calorie allowance that your on to lose the weight (so for me I'd increase to my calorie intake up to 1800 then return to 1200 on day four). Then your metabolism should be as happy as, well, Larry again.

I found that by increasing each meal portion by a small amount that I was able to add the extra calories quite easily. (I am extremely vigilant with my measurements!). Smoothies are great way to bump up the calories too.

Good luck!

This is interesting. When I hit a plateau, I'll have to remember to up my calories for a few days.