Jillian Michaels - Ripped in 30 question...

Options
2»

Replies

• ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Options
    I will look into it for sure....Thank you guys for all your feedback...I'm starting the Jillian torture next week!
  • Jen8np
    Jen8np Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Love Love Love it!! Im on week 3 and already am seeing results! Definition in stomach and legs have lost inches....I HIGHLY sudgest starting with the 30 day shred if you have never done any of JM's circuit training because the planks, squats and Pushup variations are killer but awesome!! I love JM!!!

Good call, I agree start with 30 day shred then work your way up....I am on day 3 of ripped in 30 and I am in PAIN! I love it don't get me wrong but I had to take ibuprofen this morning before my workout because of how sore I was! I am going to mexico in 8 weeks so I started with the hardest (ripped in 30) from what I hear is the hardest but I hear good things about all of hers. I have yet to hear a bad thing about it, it will kick your *kitten* and get u in shape!!!!
  • Jen8np
    Jen8np Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I will look into it for sure....Thank you guys for all your feedback...I'm starting the Jillian torture next week!

My hubby is on day 3 with me as well and he just called me saying his *kitten* hurts bad! lol love it, gonna give us all nice a nice booty!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options

My hubby is on day 3 with me as well and he just called me saying his *kitten* hurts bad! lol love it, gonna give us all nice a nice booty!

lol that was exactly my thoughts when I woke up!!

I find 30ds harder than Ri30 for some reason. I am also using Shred it with Weights, i'm kind of alternating them, I think I might change it up though and do 30ds one day then both of the other ones the next since they're more strength than cardio. Today I need some yoga...so sore lol!
  • hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    Options
    I'm at the end of level 3 right now. Internet searches tell me that level 3 is harder than level 4 but it's worth it in the end.
    I'm usually sore the first two days and then I'm fine after that.
    Level 1 made my abs and shoulders sore
    Level 2 ... I think it made my arms sore
    Level 3 also made my arms/shoulder blade areas sore.
    I rarely feel soreness in my legs though and I NEVER feel sore in my abs so level one impressed me in that way. I typically do each level for 7 days altogether but I only do it 5 times a week and take 2 rest days. My arms are more toned and I feel like my legs/stomach area is improving as well.
    So far I've only lost two pounds on it but that's mostly my fault. Two of my cheat days happened to land during me doing this program and it set me back a bit. Two pounds is two pounds though and who knows how much muscle I'm gaining with fat dropping?
    I haven't been able to measure yet but I'm sure I've probably lost at least half an inch in my waist.
  • amgilman87
    amgilman87 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Is there a lot of jumping in ripped in 30? I work out very early in the morning and live in a duplex, so people live below and don't want to wake them. Trying to find a few Jillian videos with no or only one or two moves of jumping. Jumping jacks/jumprope/run in place is fine. The only issues I had in 30DS were the moves where you're in plank and you jump legs in and legs in straddle and back together and then in level 3 where I am in now they do actual jumping in the air. All those moves I think they can hear me downstairs. Any other suggestions of Jillian dvds would be great! :)
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I completed the entire 4 weeks a couple of months ago and ended up in the best shape I had been in for a very long time. I did follow her advice though and did the workouts 5 times a week, and did each week consecutively rather than sporadically adding it in a couple of days a week. Good luck!
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I just completed Level 3 Day 1 of RI30 ......and OMG! SQUATS! SQUATS! SQUATS! All different kinds and I love it!

my actual butt muscles are sore!

I'm waiting to measure when I complete the program but I can definitely tell a difference in the mirror. And have little muscles peeping out from under my fat.

Also as soon as a weighted exercise gets a little easier, i up the weights. I started with 3 lbs and now I'm up to 10 and 15 lb weights thinking I need to go higher for some of the dead lifts.

Can't wait to complete this and try it again with even heavier weights starting from the beginning. You don't get a chance to become bored and it's a lot of compound exercise which I love.

I'm so glad i got this DVD. She makes you work for it. Like she says, It's YOUR 20 minutes, make them count!
  • jhunny31
    Options
    Level 1 made my legs sore. I'm on level 2 now and my arms, back, and neck are sore. I want to curse Jillian out but how can I when I absolutely like her lol.
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump. So glad I found this thread. Am starting it tomorrow (completed 30 DS not several days ago)!!!