tasty low calorie desserts?

Options
Each Sunday for the past month, my cousin (who's doing myfitnesspal w/ me) and I rotate Sunday dinners. We always try to do dinner w/ a dessert and stay w/ in our calorie range. This week, it's my turn again. I've got the dinner covered, but I'm trying to find a dessert that tastes good but doesn't have a ton of calories. Does anyone have any suggestions? Oh, I forgot to add that her sons (10 & 11) eat w/ us as well, and so the dessert has to taste good for them too.

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    sliced strawberries & bananas with just a drizzle of sweetened condensed milk :)
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Diet pop cupcakes are my staple dessert. The ingredients are any boxed cake mix plus one 12oz can diet soda and bake the same as the directions on the box. Very easy!!!!

I usually do lemon mix with Diet 7up but have done a chocolate cake mix with diet coke and also vanilla cake mix with diet cream soda. Divided into 24 cupcakes makes each one right around 100 calories. Frosting would be extra but I have used low fat whipped cream an it doesn't add too many extra calories. They are good - and I have had good luck with freezing them if I don't put frosting on them.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Black Bean Brownies!! Yeah, I know exactly what you're thinking, but you gotta trust me on this. You can find a recipe by either doing a search on the message boards or google. And whatever you do, don't tell anyone who's eating them what's in them - trust me on that too!:ohwell:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    czar1978 posted one the other day that I would like to try myself ... :tongue:

Peanut Butter-Chocolate Meringue Sandwiches :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/83536-i-need-a-peanut-butter-recipe

Creamy peanut butter filling is sandwiched between chocolate meringues, creating a flavor reminiscent of chocolate peanut butter cups.

Yield: 15 servings (serving size: 1 cookie sandwich)
    • Ingredients:
    o 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
     coarsely chopped
    o 1/3 cup powdered sugar
    o 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
    o 2 large egg whites
    o 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
    o 1/3 cup granulated sugar
    o 1/4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
    o 2 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
    o 1 1/2 tablespoons fat-free milk
    • Preparation:
    Preheat oven to 225º.
    • Place the chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl
    o Microwave at HIGH 45 seconds or until almost melted
     Stirring until smooth
    o Cool completely

• Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper
    o Secure with masking tape.
    • Sift together 1/3 cup powdered sugar and cocoa
    • Place egg whites and cream of tartar in a medium bowl beat with a mixer
    o medium speed until soft peaks form
    o Increase speed to high
     Gradually add granulated sugar and then cocoa mixture 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form
    • Add 1/2 cup of egg white mixture to melted chocolate
    o Beat just until blended
    • Add chocolate mixture to remaining egg white mixture
    o Beat just until blended
    • Drop 30 mounds onto prepared baking sheet
    • Bake at 225º for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
    o Turn oven off; cool meringues in closed oven 1 1/2 hours or until dry
    o Carefully remove meringues from paper.
    • Combine peanut butter and remaining ingredients
    o Stirring with a whisk until smooth
    o Spread about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter mixture
    o Onto flat sides of 15 meringues
     Top with remaining meringues.

Nutritional Information
    Serving Size: 1 cookie sandwich
    Servings per recipe: 15
    Calories: 70 (35% from fat)
    Fat: 2.7g (sat 1g,mono 1.2g,poly 0.5g)
    Protein: 2.2g
    Carbohydrate: 11.2g
    Fiber: 1g
    Cholesterol: 0.0mg
    Iron: 0.4mg
    Sodium: 32mg
    Calcium: 7mg
  • starry01
    starry01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fat Free or Sugar Free Whipped Topping mixed Sugar Free Fat Free Jello mix
    Let this sit in fridge for about two hours for fullest flavor.
    My kids and I love this!!!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    http://www.steviaextractintheraw.com/Offers-and-Promotions.aspx Here is a recipe book (free download from Stevia) Plus a 40 cent off coupon. If you are interested.:flowerforyou:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I have been experiementing with fruit as a dessert and I have a couple favorites!

"Bananas Foster" - take 2 bananas, unpeel and place in sprayed baking glass dish. Spray with butter spray (a few sprays will do it), sprinkle with Splenda and baking coconut flakes. You don't need much of them, and 2 tablespoons are only 35 calories. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes. The coconut turns crunchy and the butter spray turns into a delicious sauce!

"Apple Pie" - Peel and slice up 3 golden delicious apples and place in a sprayed baking glass dish. Spray with spray butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon and Splenda. Bake for about 20 minutes at 375. You do can also do the same with peaches or pears.
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is to layer orange sherbert and cool whip in a pretty glass--tastes like a creamsicle!
  • aawh
    aawh Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Although this is a little late today and you've probably already figured out what you're making, check out this website for future ideas:

http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/recipes

Some of their desserts look delicious! I haven't personally tried any of the recipes yet, but other people who have rate them and write reviews. I also like that it seems that they use real ingredients instead of diet food substitutes in their recipes.
  • hotcocoa5
    Options
    Thank you so much to everyone for all your suggestions. As I posted this late, I figured I wouldn't get any responses before I left the house to run errands, so I looked for some ideas online. I found one that I'm trying, but my mouth was watering as I read about your different recipes. Since I only cook (well at least dessert) every other Sunday, it will take a while for me to try them all, but I will share them w/ my cousin too, and I'll have to let y'all know which ones become our favorites. If y'all have any other ideas, please continue to share them w/ me. I'm always trying to find a things that make my stomach and calories happy !! :happy: