Opinions on Lance Armstrong

Options
2»

Replies

• auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Doping is not much help without endurance and talent.

I could ingest every enhancing drug available and I'd still need at least THREE testicles and a prayer to accomplish what he has.

If everyone else does it too, he won on the same grounds as his competition so it seems to me like he should keep his titles.

But, what do I know?
  • Kimcaliyork
    Options
    It's kind of disappointing even for me as a non athlete. Heck I know what it takes just to get thru a long work out. If I were an athlete who competed against him I think I would be super mad. We don't know what goes on behind many athletes closed doors. He just got caught. So his achievements are a bit tarnished yet amazing as well. But look at all the positive things he did for the cancer community. I supported it & I'm over it. Let's not nail him to the cross because I don't think he would be alone.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    R they mad are is they telling the truth? We don't know!!! Why tell now?

If you don't believe its true then read the report and the affidavits from his closest friends. http://cyclinginvestigation.usada.org/ The tabs on here have all the evidence. We do know and he is guilty. I'm a life long cycling fan and was crushed when this came out, but it is the truth. He used EPO and blood transfusions. The only thing is that the rest of the peloton was doing it as well.
  • CyclingForCancer
    Options
    He gave me hope in my darkest hour ... I will be forever grateful for that.

http://www.cyclingforcancer.org/2012/10/lance-armstrong/
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    He is a liar, a cheat and a criminal.

He is also a cancer survivor who leveraged his fame into a huge benefit for cancer awareness.

Good and bad in varying degrees, just like most of us. I doubt his aims with Livestrong were purely altruistic, but it doesn't matter that much.
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I think it's kind of stupid that Nike can strip Lance of all his endorsements and essentially ruin the guys life, but they can endorse Vick who murdered puppies and tortured dogs. :/