KettleBell Workout??

Options
2»

Replies

• sandyn2
    Options
    I like Michael Skoggs KB workout (on Amazon). It's not cheap but there are 4 workouts with 4 levels each. His intro video teaches good form. KB does a great job toning - even abs - on your feet, which I like. But for weight loss, watch calories and add in some cardio.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Bump to follow all the links later.

But I'm also wondering what's the max weight that's realistic for a female to use?

I am up to the 20kg ones, need a 24kg one soon as I have done lots of strength training (I use the ones in my local gym)...start with the lightest and go from there if you have not used them before, you can always go heavier if needs be...

I can recommend Marianne Kane from Ireland on myomytv on youtube, she does some amazing stuff and she is a Girl Gone Stong too...love her stuff and she was one of the reasons I got back into the gym...fabby!
  • crazysexykoo
    crazysexykoo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I like Michael Skoggs KB workout (on Amazon).

The Skogg system is extremely good as he provides clear instruction on how to properly swing a kettlebell as well as other kb moves. His dvd set, as stated above, is very pricey though. Now if you are looking for free videos to start off with, go to YouTube and look up Tracy Reifkind. She probably has 100+ kettlebell workout videos to choose from. Tracy is also a great instructor, who teaches proper form. I also recommend Sarah Lurie and Lauren Brooks KB videos….both are also fantastic and their videos are on Amazon.

The most important thing is mastering the swing before progressing, otherwise the workouts are ineffective and you can cause injury. I would also suggest you start out swinging a 8 kg or 15 lb kettlebell…it won’t take long before you’ll be able to swing heavier weight, I guarantee. Good Luck!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Thanx everyone!!!! I didnt realize there were so many options to choose from. My head is spinning
  • phillips0911
    Options
    My favorite is on you tube. It's Fitness Blender Kell's Kettlebell routine. It's 33 minutes and it's a GREAT workout!!

THIS! ^^^ I am in love w/ this workout and today was my first day. lol I'm 128 pounds and burned 356 doing the 33 min video and my own 6 min each warmup and cool down. I looked horrible by the end, so that's a great sign! :) Fitnessblender has so many different videos for all workouts.
  • phillips0911
    Options
    I have done 5 kettlebell workouts in the last 6 weeks, each 1 hour long. I am pretty sore after but I already see a big difference in my body! Make sure you do your first few workouts with an experienced trainer, form is very important so you don't injure yourself.

I've heard about the danger of improper form with kettlebells, I believe that is why I have been a bit apprehensive to do the workout

The beginner workout on fitness blender helps with form. Start slow and watch the instructor.SO helpful
  • namari
    namari Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump sounds interesting
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Be absolutely sure you have the "hip snap" or you will seriously hurt your back... best to get a qualified trainer