Has anyone lost alot of weight within 3 months ?

Options
MizzFaith
MizzFaith Posts: 11 Member
I came across various websites, talking about their success with weightloss.
- http://blog.bizeso.com/BlogDetail.aspx?bid=2f8e2ab7-820e-463e-83ff-46483a8112ac
- http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090805134948AAExnGm
Has anyone on here lost alot of weight ? If so how ? :)

Replies

• twinturbo38
    twinturbo38 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am down 39 lbs in 2 months. I think this is a lot. :happy:
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    The more weight you have to lose the faster you can lose it. For most people who have between about 50-100 to lose 1-2lbs a week is healthy and sustainable. The less weight you have the slower you will lose. If you are looking for a 'quick fix' you won't find it here.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I don't think aspiring to lose more than 10 pounds a month is healthy for MOST PEOPLE. Even 10 pounds, 2.5 pounds a week, would be excessive for someone not over 250 pounds.
  • dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    No not within 3 months. Personally it has taken me a long time just to lose 18 lbs. I think the reason is because I started exercising and running alot. I started building muscle and losing fat so I plateaued. While I haven't lost a dramatic amount of weight I have gone from a size 12 to a size 6! I honestly believe that slow and steady is the best way to lose and keep it off. Good luck in your journey.
  • snowyd20
    snowyd20 Posts: 176
    Options
    Between 07/05/12 and 10/05/12......26 lbs
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Lost 20 lbs in 2 1/2 months! Message me or add me
    for the details.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Since July 11th... 32 pounds :)
  • NorthWoodsLee
    NorthWoodsLee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I lost 51 lbs. from May 14 to August 14. I've slowed down my weight loss pace since then, but am now down a total of 67 lbs. I'm planning to join a body transformation challenge on the Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle site that runs for 49 days from Thanksgiving Eve into early January (past New Years Day).
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    60 pounds since July 25, 2012 (almost exactly 3 months). But I still have at least another 198 pounds to lose (depending on where I ultimately end up).
  • ShannonMichelle1985
    Options
    Yeah I have lost 52lbs since July 2012.... I have just been eating healthy, drinking lots of water and using MFP... I lost 30lbs in the first 2-3 months and that was with just eating lots of fish, chicken, fruits, and veggies. Also any other low calorie foods. I still would eat pork chops, hamburger helper, steak... ect every now and then but i would eat smaller amounts. In the first couple month I also was not working out. For the past month or so I have been trying to work out at least 2 days a week and still eating healthy and drinking LOTS of water. But I have changed one thing. I read when doing low calories that it is good to eat 3 low cal days. Then 1 high cal day and to keep rotating like that. I keeps your body guessing on the calories going in so you keep dropping weight. It has worked great for me. I am 5'1 and 248lbs as of now. My calorie goal is set to 1300 calories a day. So I will eat 1000-1300 calories all week and I will throw in 1-2 high calorie days in there. On the high cal days i eat 1400-1600 cals. You can do that with what ever your calorie goal is set too. ;o)
  • carrisaalejandre
    carrisaalejandre Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Everyone has lost so much! I have been working out 5x a week since sep15 only down 15 pounds...I wish it was more!:( I was hoping to get 40 off by this Dec
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    The bigger you are, the faster you fall. I think the only way you can lose a lot in 3 months is if you have a lot to lose. I lost 100 pounds naturally in 9 months and 110 pound by one year. I'm in my last 10 pounds to lose and it won't budge. Don't buy into gimmics to lose weight fast.
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My first week was 7 lbs but i haven't hit the three month mark yet
  • karmaology
    Options
    I am down 39 lbs in 2 months. I think this is a lot. :happy:

Wow! How'd you do it?
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    I've lost 5 pounds in the last week and a half. But that's because I have a lot to lose (5'11" started at 245 pounds), and because I have been eating about 1,000 - 1,500 calories less per day than I was eating a month ago. Some of it might have been water weight. But as long as that number goes down, I don't really give a rip whether it was water or fat loss and I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing :)
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    the bigger a person is the faster they lose to begin with. i was 355 at my heaviest and i lost a stone in the first week followed by 9pound then 5 then 6 all in one month but its still taken me bout 6yrs to lose 174pounds it always slows after a while its getting it into your mind that thats healthy and this is the best way and not crash dieting xx
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    If I had to do it over again I would have started with my trainer right off the bat and lifted heavy and did shred. I was a cardio king and thought I should be a certain weight before I started lifting. The pro for is I knew what I was doing was working anymore and it gave me an open mind to try something different. I would get a good assesment of my body fat and lean muscle and would have worried more about inches, fat loss and muscle gain. That being said I was a consistent 3 pounds a week dropper. I think if you have 100 or more to lose you are going to see big losses right away and eventually it gets less unless you push yourself more and get out of comfort zone. Get a good hrm and dont expect 20 years of treating your body crappy is going to be taken care of in 3 months. You cant get to a point and stop. You need to keep pushing. Make some big challenges for yourself and be consistent.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    72 pounds in 11 months...to me its a maration not a sprint and if you lose it fast most people gain it all back so i went the slow way so i wont gain it back...i cut my calories to my daily goal oppose to whatever...do cardion 3-4 times a week (which before was nothing) and no pop for a year. i still eat everything else. GOOD LUCK!!!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I came across various websites, talking about their success with weightloss.
    - http://blog.bizeso.com/BlogDetail.aspx?bid=2f8e2ab7-820e-463e-83ff-46483a8112ac
    - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090805134948AAExnGm
    Has anyone on here lost alot of weight ? If so how ? :)

It varied for me over a two year period, but most I ever lost in 3 months was 17 lbs, and that was at a deep calorie deficit that many people can't handle. It really depends on the individual as far as how much of a deficit you can go on, and even then you can't really make the weight drop much faster. The body does it's thing. It does not do it linearly, it drops in chunks.

Some people can handle a deeper calorie deficit than others. Some people have emotional eating disorders and it comes into play. Even a small deficit puts your body in a state of flux with hormones as such and everyone is different. Add any stress and it gets harder, lack of sleep, family stress, work stress, fatigue, starting too many new things at once, etc.

I was able to handle a pretty deep calorie deficit because I'm very disciplined and eat healthy (good fuel for the body so I can perform well at the gym), I do not have emotional eating issues, I only had to make small changes to my diet (just smaller quantities), I'd already been lifting weights for years, etc.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively new to MFP, started at the veeeery end of August.
    So in 2 months, I have lost 20 lbs. But I started off with 80 lbs to lose, so I know that my weight loss will taper eventually. I'm taking what I can while I'm losing fast! haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!