10lbs = 1 size?

Options
124»

Replies

• sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    For me, I would say more like 15 pounds.

same for me
  • ahacker7
    ahacker7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Once you get under 200lbs the 10lb rule for every dress size is more true... Speaking from experience that is.
  • sandyjeffery
    Options
    It probly depeds on each person. I have lost 28 pounds and Ive only dropped 1 size so far.

I agree. I have lost 30.6 pounds so far and I have only dropped 1 size so far also. I am still wearing all of my clothes from when I started MFP. I don't really want to go out and buy all new clothes right now, but it is really disheartening to be wearing the same size, maybe just a little looser.
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    It also depends on how tall you are. It sucks, but when I was younger, I was about 70 pounds lighter then I am right now... and only about 1 or 2 pant sizes smaller. I'm close to six feet tall.

So yeah. That means I'm going to lose a LOT of weight to have a prayer of getting back into normal clothing. I keep hoping though that once I start getting down into the smaller sizes that ratio changes though, otherwise I'm still going to be in a 12 or 14 at my goal weight. I will probably never see single digits, unless my body is put together much differently then I have thought my whole life.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Not always...Depends on a lot of things...I GAINED:drinker: 8lbs and went down a pant size after I started lifting heavy weights...

This.

It could be more than what you think depending on how you been working it!

Exactly. I've lost 2 pounds in the last 2 months and went down a full dress size, but I've mostly been working weights. On the flip side, when I lost 20 pounds (not through diet/exercise, long story) I did lose about 2 dress sizes, so I think it really does matter how your working it.
  • Highlanderlover
    Options
    I don't think it is about how many pounds you lose, rather than how many Inches you lose. I have noticed that i lose more Inches than Pounds