Foot Injury (Planter Fasciitis), Need some exercises!

Options
Please help!

I`m recovering from a foot injury and I don`t know how long I will be out for. I can`t put alot of pressure on my right foot, and I need some exercises to do so Ì don`t completely derail my progress. I have lost 5lbs so far and am looking for 5lbs more. I eat around 1240 calories a day (100-200 more if I exercise). I only have one piece of equipment at home, a pull up bar.

I`m super choked as I usually work out 5-6 times a week during Zumba, Circuit training, running, and ZWOW workouts.

If anyone has any exercise plans I can do that doesn`t put alot of pressure on my right foot I would really appreciate it. I`ve been pretty depressed about the fact that I can`t work out and might gain the weight that I worked so hard to lose.

Replies

• leah02
    leah02 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So sorry! I understand!! I did the same thing last December, don't let it derail you! Keep counting your calories and you won't gain the weight back. After a few weeks I was able to ride a sit down stationary bike. Take care of your foot (mine is still not competely normal).
  • ndetmer
    ndetmer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I wrecked my ankle a week ago and had to stop activities involving anything with my feet. Luckily I have swimming in my weekly routines. Swimming I have found is probably the best to get an overall excellent workout for the time spent and it doesnt require foot pressure.
  • Melbot1000
    Melbot1000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I wrecked my ankle a week ago and had to stop activities involving anything with my feet. Luckily I have swimming in my weekly routines. Swimming I have found is probably the best to get an overall excellent workout for the time spent and it doesnt require foot pressure.

Thats a good idea. I might give this a try, I have a membership to a gym with a pool.
  • PattyC64
    PattyC64 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    can you ride a bike? That may be less stress on your foot.