chocolate craving

Options
What do you do when you get a chocolate craving? what do you eat so that you can get your fix but stay under your calories? im dying for some but no matter what i want i end up going over my calories at the end of the day because of it. i always want it at night when i know ive already hit my calorie intake.

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time eating only one piece of chocolate, so I usually allow myself 2-3 bites/chocolate nuggets and just budget for it in my day, or factor it into my evening meal as a low-cal dessert. There's also great low-fat and low-cal chocolate pudding cups and mousses you can get that are 60 calories, sometimes 100 calories.
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    When I have a dire chocolate craving I have a Jello No Sugar Added Pudding...
    :D
  • raleigh
    raleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    jello makes a great sugar free chocolate pudding that tastes like the full calorie versions. I really like it. I also am addicted to chocolate and i always want to eat it no matter what i eat for dinner so I work it into my food diary before i even log anything else. Its the only way i can really make it work. I dont know what your dinner situation is like, but I sometimes make a dinner that is kind of sweet (like a yogurt and sweet potato) to hold off my sugar cravings because its like killing two birds with one stone- a dinner and a sweet ending to the day
  • bethany_85
    Options
    5 dark chocolate M&Ms (I'm not exactly sure but I count it as ~50 calories. I know it's not more than that)
    no pudge brownies (100 calories/no fat per serving)
    chocolate Vita Tops and a glass of milk (my personal favorite b/c I'm following weight watchers and they are only 1 point) 100 calories and full of fiber
    that new jell-o chocolate mousse stuff. I think it only 60 calories
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I just discovered dark chocolate with goji berries - the BEST! :love: A couple small pieces will do me...
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Semi sweet chocolate chips. You can have a few with something (like a banana or apple) and it will cure your craving with low calories.
  • ladysatin
    ladysatin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time eating only one piece of chocolate, so I usually allow myself 2-3 bites/chocolate nuggets and just budget for it in my day, or factor it into my evening meal as a low-cal dessert. There's also great low-fat and low-cal chocolate pudding cups and mousses you can get that are 60 calories, sometimes 100 calories.

I tried those pudding cups and everything but they dont satisfy my craving. its not as strong as normal chocolate would be.
  • ladysatin
    ladysatin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Semi sweet chocolate chips. You can have a few with something (like a banana or apple) and it will cure your craving with low calories.

i think im going to try that. but bananas have a lot of calories. i could eat like 3xs the amount of chocolate chips without eating the banana and have the same amount of calories.
  • sgraf
    sgraf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's the sugar that kills me. If I have anything with sugar, I just crave more and more. I am trying not to eat sugar--it takes about 5 to 7 days for the cravings to really go away, but then you won't miss it. Promise!
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I tried those pudding cups and everything but they dont satisfy my craving. its not as strong as normal chocolate would be.

Get some good, dark chocolate. It tastes much better, has less sugar and is more satisfying.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I add some unsweetened hershey's cocoa powder to either plain or vanilla yogurt with slced strawberries.If I use the plain yogurt then I add a packet of equal to sweeten it up.
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I can't keep chocolate in the house for when I crave because I can't stop at just a small piece, so I burn heavily scented soya or wax pucks. Tasty smelling ones like french vanilla or cinnamon. I guess the smell kinda tricks my mind into thinking I've had something sweet.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    the chocolate and oats fibre1 bars are really tasty. They do count rather high though on the calories and sugar but paired with a few glasses of water, they sure are filling! I used to eat one per day on WW (2 points) but find now my sugar is over on the days I have one. So I only have one in my purse for emergencies (ie:Fibre1 bar or drivethru lol).
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I live ovaltine with skim milk. Sometimes Ill blend it with ice for a smoothie texture
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I eat a handful of chocolate chips to curb my chocolate craving. It works great for me and has very few calories!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I keep some hershey sugar free mini chocolate bars in my freezer and just pop one in my mouth and let it melt. Since it is frozen it takes longer to disburse so feels like I am eating more of it then I am.
  • PrincessPoitry
    Options
    FireMonkey is right..... purchase some dark chocolate. It is richer, healthier and more satisfying. HAPPY CHOCOLOATING!!!
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I tried the Special K chocolate cereal, and found it surprisingly good. It curbed my chocolate craving.
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    I add some unsweetened hershey's cocoa powder to either plain or vanilla yogurt with slced strawberries.If I use the plain yogurt then I add a packet of equal to sweeten it up.

I do this with my strawberry yogurt. Tastes like chocolate covered strawberries to me! :flowerforyou:
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    slimfast ~ peanut butter crunch time

My new favorie Mousse temptations from JELLO..... LOVE THEM!