Do people actually believe these commercials???

Options

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I found this image today while searching motivational quotes, and it is perfect for this thread:

s3sycxvelj.jpg
  • clairecandoit11
    clairecandoit11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I found this image today while searching motivational quotes, and it is perfect for this thread:

s3sycxvelj.jpg

HAHA! That is awesome!!

The thing is... how will a quick fix change how you gained weight in the first place??? It won't! It is so worth the hard work when you see the results of your hard work!
  • JennPrebs
    JennPrebs Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My Aunt got it and lost a little weight , I think at first it's all a mind thing so you "think" it works, then after a while your like WTH! placebo :O
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    This one girl I wokr with has that junk.. She put it on her McDonalds breakfast sandwich as if it would help.
    PFT....:noway:
  • quiltergirlar
    quiltergirlar Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    People do believe because they want the quick fix. Whenever I see a certain friend, I ask her what her quick fix is this week. Then I'll tell her to get real . . . eat less, exercise more. Diet to lose weight, exercise to keep it off. She is so gullible, believes all these claims.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Fad diets are fun.

The latest one I heard about is the oatmeal diet. You eat nothing but oatmeal for 7 days. How fun!
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I wonder if someone would buy my magic beans?
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    i always think if you buy something to sprinkle on your food to make you lose weight, it must make the food taste crappy so you don't want to eat it.. sounds like that will work fairly well.. but you don't' need to spend money on that.. you could use anything around the house for that.. pickle juice, grapefruit juice, lemon juice.. soap.. with the soap its a double winner because it'll give you the runs! extra weight loss!
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yes, a lot of people do believe. They want so desperately to find a quick fix, that they latch on to anything that they thinks will fix their problem. Most people have a hard time admitting that to fix the problem it actually takes hard work and dedication. There is no safe, effective shortcut. It just takes plain old fashioned motivation!

perfectly said, cant add a thing
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Fad diets are fun.

The latest one I heard about is the oatmeal diet. You eat nothing but oatmeal for 7 days. How fun!
    its almost as tasty as the cabbage soup diet :noway:
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Wait??? You don't think sprinkling a powder on food with make you so much more fuller??? You fool,
    "Hi, I'm John from Alabama and I lost 12 pounds using Sensa, I'm proof that it works!"
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Alan Hirsch (MD, FACP) is an American neurologist and psychiatrist and creator of the Sensa diet.

Hirsch claims a peer-reviewed study by the Endocrine Society supports the claim that subjects lost over 30 pounds using Sensa (versus the control group that lost only two pounds). The Endocrine Society said it did not review the study and stated that it was "surprised and troubled by the promotional nature of his presentation” in 2008. None of the internal “studies” are confirmed by any respected body.

Enough said.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Well....my mom is taking Lipozene and has lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks. The only change she's made to her daily routine is drinking a full glass of water with her pill, where she wouldn't have before. So it must do something right.

Lipozene is fiber in pill form. It helps fill you up, and is low in calories. You could accomplish the same thing by eating vegetables at a lower cost with less chance of side effects, and get some useful nutrients as a bonus.

But, yeah, eating lots of non-caloric dietary fiber will help you feel more full and tend to eat less food. That's very true.

I think the real key is that the "magic" contained in anything that works is generally readily available cheaper in a healthier form. Most of these pills use stimulants, appetite suppressants, or non-caloric fiber (or some combination thereof).

Have a bunch of sticks of celery (non-caloric fiber) sprinkled liberally with cinnamon (appetite suppressant) and unsweetened tea or coffee (stimulant). You'll get full, stay full for a while, feel energetic, and get some potassium and iron, and it'll cost you next to nothing.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Well....my mom is taking Lipozene and has lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks. The only change she's made to her daily routine is drinking a full glass of water with her pill, where she wouldn't have before. So it must do something right.

and what happens when she stops taking it?

spoiler alert: she gains it alllll back.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I know. I think the same thing everytime I see ads for weight loss products. My rule of thumb is, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Fad diets are fun.

Duuuude, oatmeal for a week? I could do that... As long as it was chocolate chip oatmeal with a glob of peanut butter on top.... Maybe a sliced banana.

I'm so hungry.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    This is just one more in a long, long list of huge money-making diet products proving my theory that people are stupid.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Fad diets are fun.

Duuuude, oatmeal for a week? I could do that... As long as it was chocolate chip oatmeal with a glob of peanut butter on top.... Maybe a sliced banana.

I'm so hungry.
    Let's try them!
  • Queen_Adrock
    Queen_Adrock Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i always think if you buy something to sprinkle on your food to make you lose weight, it must make the food taste crappy so you don't want to eat it..

I just figured it gave you explosive diarrhea and people lost a (literal) *kitten*-ton of water weight.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Fad diets are fun.

I'm so hungry.
    Let's try them!

It'd be so cheap too! ;)