affirmations, mindset? for successful losers

Options
How much of a part did affirmations play in your success? How important is mindset? Whats your technique for reaching the right mindset?

Replies

• icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    a LOT!

I have to be careful not to beat myself up for a lot of things - you really messed up today, how could you be so stupid, what's the use, who cares, etc, etc, etc. All those old taped messages that I heard growing up and that I told myself, that play over and over again, and that sabotage even the best of intentions. They're so hard to erase. I discovered that the best way for me is to not try to erase them so much as replace them with something else - record over them. So, instead of "I really messed up today, so what's the use, I'll just go out to dinner too" - it becomes "Ok I had a bad day - get back on track right now - not tomorrow, not Monday, not the 1st of the month, not after the holidays, etc - RIGHT NOW."

Another big thing is learning to respect myself, and feel that I'm worth it. I deserve to respect myself. And a big part of respecting myself is taking better care of myself.
    28848 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I don't feel I can succeed at this unless I get to the point where I like myself as I am on any given day (yes, there are days we don't, but overall..)

I don't want to like myself only when I am skinny or when I weigh a certain number. So I remind myself of my good qualities that are not related to my size and tell myself that I only have to compare myself to myself yesterday and not compare myself to someone else.

You are NOT what you weigh.....I believe in you and I don't even KNOW you! Hang in there....