March challenge: NO late night calories

Options
zaza54
zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
Choose a cut-off time and then do not snack or consume anything caloric after that time. Keep track of how many consecutive nights you do not snack past your personal cut-off time. The person with the longest stretch of consecutive nights of no late night snacking through Mar. 31 wins the challenge.

My cut-off time is 9:30 p.m. because I don't go to bed before 11:30 or midnight. I do allow myself a later cut-off time of 11:30 p.m. for special occasions/week-end nights if I'm out.
Choose a time that works best for you.

Since some of us fall off the proverbial wagon by snacking past our cut-off time and have to start all over at Day 1, this challenge lends itself to newcomers at any time. So, everyone is welcome even if you start the challenge after Mar. 1

Hope you'll join me since I need to be accountable to our group, not just myself (at least not yet).
Good luck everyone!
Zaza

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll make my cut off time 930 too because I dont go to bed before like 12 ever.
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Cool. count me in. I've had a cut off time for a while, but once in a while I slip maybe this will help me. Mine's 9:00 pm. Let's do this! :bigsmile:
  • zaza54
    Options
    This is great!! Thanks ladies for joining, and welcome!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    HMMM, I do have my one alcoholic drinking night:blushing: ....so, I will say that I'll go with 9:00 pm as well...that will definately keep me in check...just will have to hit a early happy hour instead of a later one:drinker:
  • lakshna
    lakshna Posts: 2
    Options
    I am in too, its my first day on fitness pal and i think its a grt8 idea. I can do my cutoff time at 9.30, but will tend to slip when socializing out for dinner, so does it mean i start again.:smile:
  • paxmat
    paxmat Posts: 2
    Options
    Yep, I'm in, I will make my cut off time 8.30pm! Here goes!! Good luck everyone!
  • zaza54
    Options
    Welcome everyone! How did you all do last night?
    I made it thru my Day 1, but barely.

lakshna , you can use a later cut-off time when out for the evening. Last night, I was in NYC so I used my special occasion/week-end cut-off time of 11:30 pm instead of my usual 9:30 pm. I try to put my cut-off time a couple hours before bed. You have to be reasonable or it won't work consistently.

Hav to end here. Developed tendonitis in right wrist and very awkward using mouse and typing w/left.
  • zaza54
    Options
    2 days down and going for 3 tonight. How is everyone else doing? Don't give up!
    Zaza
    PS I'm going to start bleaching my teeth at cut-off time so I can't eat.:laugh:
  • mia66
    mia66 Posts: 425
    Options
    I would love to join this for the month. My cut off time is going to be 8 p.m. I usually go to bed around 10 p.m. but tend to stay up later on the weekends and these are the days I am more likely to want to snack at night..
    Good idea

368038.png

Mia
    EAT LESS MOVE MORE:flowerforyou: :drinker:

Mia DAY 0
  • SugarDiva
    Options
    This is going better than I thought it would. :happy: I usually want popcorn or something while I watch my favorite shows, so now I'm drinking more herbal tea, the more flavorful ones, like blueberry green tea. No calories and it's good for me :happy:
  • mia66
    Options
    successful 1 day:bigsmile: March 3/2010

368038.png

Mia
  • zaza54
    Options
    Welcome Mia! This is a good challenge to join anytime.

SugarDiva, great job!! I have to warn you, though, I'm going to give you a run for your money for the March title. :laugh: So far, I've gone 4 nights without calories past my cut-off time.

How is everyone else doing?
    Zaza
  • SugarDiva
    Options
    You're on zaza! I love a challenge :laugh:
  • mia66
    Options
    Night #2 successful ( March 3-4 )

368038.png

Mia
  • mia66
    Options
    successful night #3 ( March 3-5 )

I was up later and by 10 pm I was thinking about having something to eat but did not. It feels good this morning. I really like to have the time guideline to follow. It keeps me honest with myself. Thanks.

368038.png

Mia :wink:
    EAT LESS MOVE MORE :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • SugarDiva
    Options
    successful night #3 ( March 3-5 )

I was up later and by 10 pm I was thinking about having something to eat but did not. It feels good this morning. I really like to have the time guideline to follow. It keeps me honest with myself. Thanks.

Me too! Watching tv last night I just kept thinking "I'd give my left arm for some potato chips"(lol) But I didn't made some dandelion tea and focused on that :happy:
  • mia66
    Options
    successful night #4 ( March 3-6 ):happy:

( good for you sugardiva ).

368038.png

Mia
  • zaza54
    Options
    Great job everyone!! I am happy to report that I have gone the entire month so far without late night snacking. Good thing, too, since I have not been logging calories etc . (Without this challenge,I would have gained even more than the one pound I just added.:grumble: )
    So, I am sticking to this challenge. It looks like I have compettition here - that's great!! Thanks. You will keep me on track.
    Zaza
  • mia66
    Options
    Successful nights #4 & #5 ( March 3-8 )

368038.png

Mia
    EAT LESS MOVE MORE :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Staying within my calories and working out 3-4 days a week. It feels great. I have never eaten so healthy in my life and felt so energetic and great.
  • zaza54
    Options
    Terrific!! You are an inspiration Mia!!! Way to go.:flowerforyou: