Good Morning family

Options
2»

Replies

• FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Mornin' Sgt and Everyone! Have a great weekend!

Words cannot express my gratitude for our Men, Women and their Families who have sacrificed their lives and loved ones for my freedom and protection...God Bless and Keep our Military!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options

Words cannot express my gratitude for our Men, Women and their Families who have sacrificed their lives and loved ones for my freedom and protection...God Bless and Keep our Military!

Same here... best thing about it for me... I get to spend it with my brother for the first time in 8 yrs. He is finally home to stay hopefully after helping to protect our freedom. :flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options

Same here... best thing about it for me... I get to spend it with my brother for the first time in 8 yrs. He is finally home to stay hopefully after helping to protect our freedom. :flowerforyou:

You just gave me a wave of emotion...I am so happy your Brother is home safe!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options

You just gave me a wave of emotion...I am so happy your Brother is home safe!

Thank you :flowerforyou: It's a very happy time for us right now. His wife is pregnant with their 2nd child and hopefully he will be home when this one is born. When she was pregnant for their first one he got shipped to Iraq and didn't see his son until he was 4 yrs old. We all feel truly blessed.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I am looking down at my bowl of Fiber One in utter disgust now!

:noway:
    Never say that about Fiber One cereal!!!!:huh:

B-B-B-But, ok. Sorry my sweet lil Fiber One who, by far, is way better for me than some dumb ol biscuits and gravy. I will never be mean to you again. Scouts honor.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    <
    canadians dont do memorial day

haha hope your weekend is awesome though, do you get to see fireworks on memorial day?

jackie

No, Memorial Day is supposed to be a solemn time to remember those who have been killed in the various wars. However, it has now become simply a big three-day weekend (everyone has off on Monday pretty much) and people travel, go to the beach, cook-out, party, etc.

Good Morning! We don't celebrate Memorial Day either where I am, however, I think I have already pigged out enough on my own in the past two days w/out the excuse of a holiday :grumble:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY TO YOU ALL!
    Hope you...
    remember the veterans.
    see a parade.
    go to a barbecue.
    eat a fat free turkey hot dog.
    get some sun.
    go to a beach.
    have family time.
    beautify your yard in some way.
    make time for friends.
    have nice "cheat" drink.
    and have a really good weekend!:drinker: :drinker:
    :heart: :heart: Jennifer
  • janellybelly
    janellybelly Posts: 112
    Options
    Hey guys...you're too funny!!! Sounds like I missed breakfast this morning? Hello special K with Berries!!!

It is gonna be one yucky day here in Washington State...=P No suprise there! Rain, Rain..go away...come back another day!!! I hope you guys have a great weekend for sure! Thanks to all the Military & their family...WE :heart: You!!!
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    <

haha hope your weekend is awesome though, do you get to see fireworks on memorial day?

jackie

No, Memorial Day is supposed to be a solemn time to remember those who have been killed in the various wars. However, it has now become simply a big three-day weekend (everyone has off on Monday pretty much) and people travel, go to the beach, cook-out, party, etc.

I still honor the true meaning of Memorial Day. I tell me kids every year what the true meaning of the weekend is as well....even though they know :happy:

When I was little my grandparents would load up the truck with flowers and we would go around to many many grave sites around the Spokane area and lay flowers. :smile:

In my kids bathroom I wrote on their reminder black board...."HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND"
    drew a flag and stars in red ~ white ~ blue and wrote "REMEMBER" next to it. :flowerforyou:

So on this Memorial Day weekend amongst all the BBQ, hanging out with friends, drinking, boating....ect! Take a moment to "REMEMBER" :heart: GOD BLESS YOU ALL :flowerforyou:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    :yawn: Morning! Who's turn was it to bring breakfast?

Pancakes, sausage, red eye gravy and biscuits and eggs over medium on the stove for when you want it. ;)

Good moning. Keep it warm, I'll be there in about 8 hrs.
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options

Pancakes, sausage, red eye gravy and biscuits and eggs over medium on the stove for when you want it. ;)

Make the eggs well done and I'm there. I'll bring the grits since you've never had good ones.:smile:
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    <

jackie

thankyou very much for educating me :)
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options

Make the eggs well done and I'm there. I'll bring the grits since you've never had good ones.:smile:

LOL

Sounds fair to me. :laugh:
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options
    Morning bro!!

:heart:
    Tam

Have a WONDERFUL holiday weekend everyone.....and those who don't live in the States...enjoy your normal weekend!! (Man, what a geek I am!!)

That's okay. The canadians got their long weekend last weekend for victoria day.

The sun is shining the windows are wide open , the music is blasting, and im ...... cleaning lol.

Birthday party here next weekend trying to get the backyard in order today as well! Have a happy day everyone!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Good Morning well afternoon nearly....

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: