Turkey Bacon- I just can't do it.

Options

Replies

• emilyhughes2
    Options
    OMG! I'm so surprised to read this... I can't even eat real bacon anymore, I love turkey bacon so much better :D
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's gross. Plus, I am pretty sure there are beaks in there.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I really don't mind it at all now, although yes I do think regular tastes better. My 8 yr old on the other hand, LOVES it and refuses to eat regular bacon! Weird kid!
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just eat the real stuff!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I don't really care for turkey bacon. I'd rather forego bacon altogether than to eat turkey bacon, so that is what I do. I don't mind ground turkey. I use it for southwestern sloppy joes (ground turkey sauteed with tons of peppers, onions, and tomatoes). If you cook it with veggies, it tastes great!
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon is so good!
  • Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon makes me sick....
  • natashahunt2010
    Options
    You'll love it! It's so yummy! I haven't ate pork in about 6 years. And I don't miss it at all!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I think it's delicious. Try different brands. If all else fails, make real bacon fit your macros. I'm not seeing any other options here.
  • jman369
    jman369 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I understand where your coming from on turkey bacon, tried it waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy toooooo dry for me. on the other hand, I prefer ground turkey over ground beef for hamburgers, chop up some onion, green pepper and grill = awesome
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Wait so whats wrong with pork bacon? Do you not eat it for religious reasons?
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Turkey is my favorite kind of meat. Love the bacon, hotdogs, ground, patties, slices and the whole bird. The key with turkey is keeping it moist. But really I didn't know people could hate turkey bacon. My favorite, possibly over real bacon.
  • tinlee
    tinlee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's better to just eat 2 slices of delicious real bacon and enjoy it. It's on 70 cals for 2 slices of oscar mayer. admittedly, the slices are very thin!
  • RebMW
    RebMW Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes.... The beak thing.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I bought some turkey bacon. Just the thought of it grosses me out (as does ground turkey meat). I keep hoping that the part of me that hates to waste money and wants to get healthy, will overpower the part of me that is completely grossed out by it. The expiration date on the bacon is quickly approaching. I just don't think I can do it.

"turkey" and "bacon" do not go together. ever.
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    make some gucamole and crumble it in
    or in mac and cheese. dont eat it alone,
    eat it with something else more promanant to ease yourself in
    just cook and crumble...maybe even on top of a salad
  • gaylelynnmc
    Options
    I use low sodium and low cal pork bacon...it is around...I get mine from our Superstore grocery plus store...it is great....I liked turkey bacon but I found it dried out to fast!!
  • RebMW
    RebMW Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with pork bacon. I wasn't giving it up for religious reasons. I just wanted a lower calorie option. I'm such a weirdo. The thought of eating it just bothers me. It doesn't look right. lol. I like deli meat turkey, turkey legs, etc... I want to want to eat the bacon, but alas.........nope.

You guys had some great suggestions though. I'll let you know if I brave it.
  • Ldysw357
    Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I can't do it either or the ground turkey...eww! Turkey burger almost made me puke. I'll take the higher calories once in awhile, after all you need to live a little ;)
  • Tiffikat
    Options
    I LOVE turkey bacon. I like real bacon too, but most of the time I find it too greasy. The key to turkey bacon is do not microwave it. Yuck. I fry it up on the stove with fresh ground pepper until it is crisp (yes, it does get crisp before it burns, at least the kind I use does). It is delicious. Both my husband and my two boys now prefer turkey bacon to the real thing.

However, I also love ground turkey. I think it is more flavorful than beef and when prepared properly it is delicious. If your turkey bacon or ground turkey are dry you're doing it wrong.