just water...
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    good old water
  • mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I don't know who they studied to say coffee doesnt make you pee, it certainly wasnt me. I challenge anyone to spend 2 hours with me after one cup vs 2 hours with none and tell me it doesnt make me pee more. If I am going on a trip, I can have absolutely no coffee because I have to go every 15 minutes (Im not saying it dehydrates, but dont tell me it doesnt work as a diuretic, because in MY body it certainly does). I have been like this since I was a teenager (Im 44 now), so its not something new lol

having said that, I only log water on that nifty little glass at the bottom of my food diary, everything else goes in a liquid category I created
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Di-Hydrous Oxide
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    WHAT!!! WATER COUNTS AS WATER??
  • mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    oh,, I mean to add...for those of you that love sonic ice as much as I do...in case you didnt know...they do sell it by the bag, so you can have it in the comfort of your home as well :) My freezer usually has at least one bag lol
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    good god this is a charlie foxtrot of a thread.
  • jgsparks89
    jgsparks89 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Actually it is possible to get clinically significant dehydration via sports drink consumption when drinking EXCLUSIVELY sports drinks in an excessively fluid depleted state. I've literally seen it in practice. What happens (it is rare) is that a person becomes severely dehydrated and consumes too little water in comparison to sports drinks. It causes acute pre-renal failure which results in the body's inability to remove excessive electrolytes (mostly potassium) from urine (i/e/ cannot concentrate urine enough to retain adequate fluids). The result is low plasma volume --- essentially dehydration. The cure is isotonic or hypo-tonic (either 0.9% normal saline or 0.45% normal saline) volume replacement.
  • spezzie
    spezzie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Water...and Green Tea! Not coffee or any other beverage
  • justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    just water
  • dub73
    dub73 Posts: 70
    Options
    Just h20!!!!:drinker:
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I count anything that doesn't have calories, flavored water.
  • Norge68
    Norge68 Posts: 10
    Options
    Beer....8 a day.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Seriously?? This has gone 15 pages???
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Water. I don't drink anything, but water these days. Just don't want the chemicals, sweetners and artifical sweetners in my body.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    wow cant believe this is still going, honestly water is water, as a RN when I put up fluids to prevent dehydration, its generally saline with a dash of glucose, predominantly water certainly not tea, milk etc .
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    wow cant believe this is still going, honestly water is water, as a RN when I put up fluids to prevent dehydration, its generally saline with a dash of glucose, predominantly water certainly not tea, milk etc .

But tea and beer IS WATER. Save us tax payers some money and start setting up IV's with green tea and Natural Light. Quit using all that fancy medical supplies, IT IS WATER!!!!!!!
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • BigMooseRadio
    BigMooseRadio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I log water, I only do water. I WILL however list any other beverages with meals or snacks (Milk, coffee, juice, gatorade, etc...) to get the cals and other nutrition facts.
  • drit79
    drit79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just water