Help with music for my run...

Options
Ok so I started running again after a 6 year hiatus. I started 2 weeks ago and can now successfully run 1.5 miles with out stopping. I run slowly, but need music (My pace is slow, but I can walk a mile and run a mile in about 24- 25 minutes total)

I have asked for an Ipod Touch for my anniversary (November) but wanted to know what you all listen to while you run?

Do you use running apps? Your personal favorite music?

Replies

• Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    http://jog.fm/ This site is AWESOME for finding music to run or bike to. I would try this.
  • williamjmckenzie
    williamjmckenzie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter the song, you need to find things that are 120 beats per minute and above to keep your pace up. If you kept all your songs at least 120 and got into the rhythm you should be able to make the same walk in about 20 minutes. Some of my Suggestions:

Warm up songs
    Walk this Way, Aerosmith 100 bpm
    Respect, Aritha Franklin 114 bmp

Keeping Pace
    Smooth Criminal, Alien Ant Farm 127 bpm
    Clocks by Coldplay 130 bpm
    Fight for your Right, Beastie boys 137 bpm
    Dancing with myself, Billy Idol 170 bpm
    You may be right, Billy Joel, 150 bpm
    Old Time Rock & Roll, Seager, 125 bpm
    Don't stop Believing, Journey, 120

Cool Down
    Fields of Gold, Sting bpm 107
    My Girl, Temptations, bpm 104
    Sweet Emotion, Areosmith 100 bpm

This should get you about 30 minutes of music if not more. You will have a gradual warm up for the first 5-6 minutes and theyn your keeping pace section will have you will peek about the 15-21 minute mark and stay in higher cardio. You will start to come down between 20 - 25 minutes, make sure you take full advantage of your cool down period. You can find your own style to keep it fun.
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    Big fan of either Progressive Trance (Paul Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyk, DJ Addison, Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren) or the most brutal of metal (After the Burial, Between the Buried and Me, Within the Ruins, Born of Osiris, Periphery).
    Usually trance for cardio, metal for lifts.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I like music with a lot of beats to run to. I have Rob Zombie, Eminem, Outkast, Static-X and Limp Bizkit on my play list. So techno-ish hip hop-ish industrial metal kind of music.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I absolutely second jog.fm!
  • bmvass
    bmvass Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have some Motley Crue, Buckcherry, Drowning Pool, Godsmack, James, The Last Vegas, My Darkest Days, Papa Roach, Poison, Saving Abel, Warrant, Shinedown, Sick Puppies, Sixx:A.M. Slipknot, Tantric, Theory of a Deadman and Volbeat.