red meat addict

Options
for some reason, i can't get enough red meat lately, which is becoming a burden to the grocery budget. (i also hate this because cows are cute.) i made grilled steak skewers for dinner tonight, and i was literally salivating while assembling them. do i have some sort of iron or nutrient deficiency? or is red meat just that darn tasty!? i think i need rehab.

Replies

• mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I vote...just darn tasty...no rehab necessary
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    for some reason, i can't get enough red meat lately, which is becoming a burden to the grocery budget. (i also hate this because cows are cute.) i made grilled steak skewers for dinner tonight, and i was literally salivating while assembling them. do i have some sort of iron or nutrient deficiency? or is red meat just that darn tasty!? i think i need rehab.

I think a red meat detox is in order, I'd suggest the 80/10/10 diet or 30 bananas a day diet
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

I think a red meat detox is in order, I'd suggest the 80/10/10 diet or 30 bananas a day diet

^^This, just because, ya' know, cow cuteness is a reason to deprive yourself of a delicious protein source.
  • ryanband
    ryanband Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same way until I watched this documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce4DJh-L7Ys&feature=plcp

I went from Atkins diet (eating nothing but meat) to Vegetarian the second I watched it. That was two and half years ago and I haven't had any desire to eat meat since.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Our bodies tend to crave what we need, so you may be a bit low on iron. And cows may be cute, but they are stupid. Take it from someone who owns about 60 of them. No guilt there, believe me.
    ETA: Meat is murder. Tasty, tasty murder.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same way until I watched this documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce4DJh-L7Ys&feature=plcp

I went from Atkins diet (eating nothing but meat) to Vegetarian the second I watched it. That was two and half years ago and I haven't had any desire to eat meat since.

must...not...click
    :angry:
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    Our bodies tend to crave what we need, so you may be a bit low on iron. And cows may be cute, but they are stupid. Take it from someone who owns about 60 of them. No guilt there, believe me.

Ohohoh...will you be my new best friend? Lol.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Cows are there because we eat them and/or use their milk, no guilt required.
  • crazy_ninja
    crazy_ninja Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Welcome into the perfect world of paleo.......if it has a face = eat it!
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    If you think your iron might be low get your doc to do a blood test, quick and easy
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

Is there really a need to say something so horrible? :huh: Since when does stupidity equate to a life form being deserving of murder? I know a lot of very stupid people, but sure wouldn't eat them. What a dumb-*kitten* comment to make.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

Is there really a need to say something so horrible? :huh: Since when does stupidity equate to a life form being deserving of murder? I know a lot of very stupid people, but sure wouldn't eat them. What a dumb-*kitten* comment to make.

I would eat stupid people. I've read that the protein in human muscle has a high level of bioavailability.
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options

Animals and people are not the same at all. Talk about a dumb-*kitten* comment. Killing animals is in no way shape or form, murder. I eat meat because its good. I dont care if they are cute or how bad it makes some people feel. I will walk through a chicken farm eating a bucket of KFC.
  • Lyra89
    Options

Animals and people are not the same at all. Talk about a dumb-*kitten* comment. Killing animals is in no way shape or form, murder. I eat meat because its good. I dont care if they are cute or how bad it makes some people feel. I will walk through a chicken farm eating a bucket of KFC.

Humans aren't animals? LOL :laugh: What planet are you living on? Would you eat meat fresh and raw off the bone of an animal you'd bothered to kill yourself, like a real carnivore?
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

Humans aren't animals? LOL :laugh: What planet are you living on? Would you eat meat fresh and raw off the bone of an animal you'd bothered to kill yourself, like a real carnivore?

We have evolved slightly since then.

Hell yes to the rest of it though. Get me on that 'kill it, cook it, eat it'. Tasty. :tongue:
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

I have actually done this, and no, it didn't make me sick like some dolts claim it will. What makes you sick is eating raw meat that has had time to accumulate bacteria in the natural process of decomposition.

You just have to watch the blood consumption. That will make you nauseous pretty quickly, but it does the same thing to pretty much any animal, short of some carnivorous fish who can actually live in blood.
  • Lyra89
    Options

Hell yes to the rest of it though. Get me on that 'kill it, cook it, eat it'. Tasty. :tongue:

We may have evolved, but we're still animals :happy:

And if you genuinely don't give a flying **** about contributing to the torture and slaughter of billions of animals every year & the greenhouse gass emissionions that go along with it, don't you care about your health? --> A new study from Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) researchers has found that red meat consumption is associated with an increased risk of total, cardiovascular, and cancer mortality." http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/03/120312162746.htm
  • Lyra89
    Options

I have actually done this, and no, it didn't make me sick like some dolts claim it will. What makes you sick is eating raw meat that has had time to accumulate bacteria in the natural process of decomposition.

You just have to watch the blood consumption. That will make you nauseous pretty quickly, but it does the same thing to pretty much any animal, short of some carnivorous fish who can actually live in blood.

My point is that most people would never dream of doing this as it wouldn't taste good. Humans cook and season their meat to make it palatable...what other species does that? We evolved from apes and they thrive on a plant based diet. Vegans display extremely low rates of disease & the longest living populations on the planet eat very little meat.

Just sayin'.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

We may have evolved, but we're still animals :happy:

And if you genuinely don't give a flying **** about contributing to the torture and slaughter of billions of animals every year & the greenhouse gass emissionions that go along with it, don't you care about your health? --> A new study from Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) researchers has found that red meat consumption is associated with an increased risk of total, cardiovascular, and cancer mortality." http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/03/120312162746.htm

You know what else it's associated with? Being jacked as ****. Show me someone who doesn't eat red meat that can deadlift more than 800 lbs., and I'll kiss your *kitten*. Oh, that's right, my lips are safe, as they don't exist anymore. People used to be able to get great results with whole milk, but that's just as illegal as pot in the US now.

I didn't quit smoking because I was scared of cancer. I quit because not being able to breathe was turning me into a little ***** under the iron. Death comes for everyone. Might as well be a badass while you wait for it.
  • All of the "studies" on red meat finding increased risk of cancer are pretty much based on the higher fat content.

Do you know what contributed to our increased brain size? Meat.

We have canine teeth, we are designed to eat red meat. And as for "real carnivores", would you rather me disembowl and partially eat the cow before it's dead?