Insanity

Options

Replies

• ShanM0593
    Options
    I am not in the best shape at all and I can't do a proper push up to save my life do anyone have any suggestions on alternatives to burn the same amount of calories n same body work out? Shaun T is pushing me I am trying

Do them from your knees. Google "modified pushups" they'll still work. Try regular push-ups every now and then, you'll be able to do them in no time.
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    So I'm into week 2. I missed Pure Cardio yesterday so got up early to do it before work. So the workout for tonight is plyo which mean I'll be sleeping well tonight! Think I'm going to need the cardio recovery day tomorrow although I found it quite challenging in week 1. I'm not very flexible and have very tight hips so hoping this is all going to help!

On a side note - does it say 'get fit or get out' at the back of their gym?
  • justiningham
    justiningham Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add...
    On a side note - does it say 'get fit or get out' at the back of their gym?

...yes it does :¬D
  • Swanz21
    Swanz21 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Finished up day 3, Insanity cardio & Power Resistance, it was another tough workout but was a nice change from the Plyo which beat me up yesterday. I'm not as sore today as yesterday so not sure if I'm getting better, it was a different workout type or just didn't push enough. Looking forward to tomorrow although for some reason I don't think the name is what I will get...Cardio recovery. Have a great day everyone!
  • Swanz21
    Options
    Finished cardio recovery this morning, was not what I was thinking it would've been. I know the muscles needed a break from from the first three days, but I feel like I didn't do anything this morning. Can't wait to get it cranked back up tomorrow wiht pure cardio.
  • jhc7324
    jhc7324 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Finished cardio recovery this morning, was not what I was thinking it would've been. I know the muscles needed a break from from the first three days, but I feel like I didn't do anything this morning. Can't wait to get it cranked back up tomorrow wiht pure cardio.
    I missed cardio power and resistance last night so I did it this morning. Hopefully your review of the recovery means that I won't kill myself trying to do that tonight to get myself back on schedule.
  • irishshadowfax
    Options
    In to week 2 of Insanity, feeling so good... Workouts getting a bit easier now that I know the sequences and exercises... Put on the HRM for the first time last night doing Cardio Power & Resistance (39 min workout), got the following results;

- 17 mins in zone 5
    - 14 mins in zone 4
    - Max HR 191
    - Average HR 161
    - 733 Calories Burned

Of course, this may not be 100% accurate but it still shocked me. Have anyone else been monitoring it and seen similar?

Best of luck all!!
  • Swanz21
    Options
    Just kind of side note. I finished week 2 day 2...pure cardio this morning. As I was drinking some water and cooling down in a puddle of sweat I found my self watching the Insanity infomercial. I guess it lives up to its billing and some good advertising too.
  • hofosho1020
    Options
    So, my set is missing the Plyo Cardio DVD...which one should I do instead??
  • jhc7324
    jhc7324 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    In to week 2 of Insanity, feeling so good... Workouts getting a bit easier now that I know the sequences and exercises... Put on the HRM for the first time last night doing Cardio Power & Resistance (39 min workout), got the following results;

- 17 mins in zone 5
    - 14 mins in zone 4
    - Max HR 191
    - Average HR 161
    - 733 Calories Burned

Of course, this may not be 100% accurate but it still shocked me. Have anyone else been monitoring it and seen similar?

Best of luck all!!
    That's pretty close to what I end up with. I try to keep my max HR below 185, but I spend the majority of the workout between 160-180.
  • irishshadowfax
    Options

- 17 mins in zone 5
    - 14 mins in zone 4
    - Max HR 191
    - Average HR 161
    - 733 Calories Burned

Best of luck all!!
    That's pretty close to what I end up with. I try to keep my max HR below 185, but I spend the majority of the workout between 160-180.

Ok cool, thanks for the reply...
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have an Insanity group on FB for support if you like to join at https://www.facebook.com/groups/208245232614146

I did a P90x/Insanity Hybrid together starting in June. I started Insanity Asylum and got to Day 23. Went out of town for four days so I have to start over. I am starting Nov 5th.

You got this. Keep up the great work.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I just started the second week...so far so good. I've tried to do the program once before but I wimped out...this time, I'm sticking with it!
  • ginamc04
    ginamc04 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Did you get it directly from Beachbody or from a coach? If so, contact them and they will send you a replacement for free.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I just started the second week...so far so good. I've tried to do the program once before but I wimped out...this time, I'm sticking with it!
  • hofosho1020
    Options
    No, I got it from a friend...but the whole box was brand new and there are no empty slots. So weird! Oh well.
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    So today I am doing cardio power and resistance of day 12. I'm heading out of town on Friday for a wedding and not back til late afternoon/dinner time on Sunday. My rest day should be thursday but I was planning on missing it and just heading straight into the fit test on thurs and plyo of week three on friday so I can have Saturday as my rest day.

What does everyone think? I really don't want to take an extra rest day as I know it will throw me off!! :)
  • cerievans12
    Options
    So today I am doing cardio power and resistance of day 12. I'm heading out of town on Friday for a wedding and not back til late afternoon/dinner time on Sunday. My rest day should be thursday but I was planning on missing it and just heading straight into the fit test on thurs and plyo of week three on friday so I can have Saturday as my rest day.

What does everyone think? I really don't want to take an extra rest day as I know it will throw me off!! :)

I have a similar issue to you. I'm going out for a friends birthday in November, it'll be during the first week of month 2 for me. I don't want to miss a workout, so is it best to move my rest day or take a hit and miss a workout and then pick back up e following day?

Finished day 19 today, starting to pick up little niggles and strains. Had a searing pain in my left bicep whilst doing medium paced juking jacks the other day, and my foot is swollen just below the ankle. Determined not to give up, no excuses!!
  • Kris4230
    Options
    I just started on 10/15! I would love some buddies for motivation! This is my first round and I love it. Definately a tough workout but I can already see improvement! Also sticking to the meal plan as much as I can. Eating clean in general which is helping. Curious to see what Cardio abs will bring tomorrow!
  • irishshadowfax
    Options
    Second fitness test last night after 2 weeks; a huge difference from the first night and great to get some solid improvement for motivation. Workouts starting to get easy now, completing all exercises to the end, can't wait to push in to month 2 and raise the bar!! How is everyone doing?