At work snacks

Does anyone have suggestions for some at work snacks? I don't have a refrigerator and the never ending box/can of almonds is getting a little bit old. Anyone else have some good healthy snack ideas?

G

Replies

• Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    I snack on fiber one cereal or Kashi Go Lean cereal. Just put them in a sealed container. Fiber one cereal (unlike the bars) does not bloat you like a hot air balloon.
  • -Rice cakes
    -Pretzel crisps
    -Hummus
  • Blue diamond Almond crisps & roasted red pepper hummus! YUM!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    beef jerky....I keep individual ones at work and they are great. I also keep mini boxes of raisins in my desk! Something sweet and only 45 calories.
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Today I brought grapes for my mid-morning snack, and a 100-calorie kettle corn pack for my afternoon snack.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Fruit.
    Snack a Jacks.
    Mini oatcakes.
    Graze boxes.
    Veg crisps.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    I have a tiny box of raisins, some weetabix mini breakfast cereal in a tupperware, an apple and some white seedless grapes today!
  • samfu23
    samfu23 Posts: 4 Member
    any of those 100 calorie snacks or popcorn are good.
  • MrsJonSamuels
    MrsJonSamuels Posts: 53 Member
    Pretzel chips, one hundred calorie snacks, or popcorn:)
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Fruit strips
    Granola bars
    V8 Juice
    Oatmeal
    Hummus & Crackers
    Popcorn
  • rrneal625
    rrneal625 Posts: 69 Member
    I keep a few 100 calorie packs and low sodium beef or turkey jerkey at my desk....sometimes soy nuts or small apples
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    -Fruits that don't need a fridge, like bananas, apples, oranges...
    -Trail mix
    -Dried fruits
    - Other nuts besides almonds. Pistachios and walnuts are my favourite
    -Granola bars
    -If you have access to hot water, you could do a packet of instant oatmeal
    -peanut butter and crackers
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    I bought a box of low fat quaker chewy bars (variety pack) just to switch it up.. Yogurt is good, raisins
  • John2347
    John2347 Posts: 336 Member
    Lunch meat and a block of cheese... lots of protein!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Smartfood popcorn
    Popcorn cakes
    Fiber One/Granola bar
    Dry Cereal

If you put an ice pack in your lunch bag it will keep things cold enough for a couple of hours.

Even then--string cheese, apples, peanut butter, baby carrots/celery/cucumbers and hummus are kind of bomb-proof even if you don't put an ice pack in.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    protein bars
    fruit basket
    and GUMMY BEARS!
  • Those little applesauce or fruit cups. You can get a lot of them now that have no additional sugar added. They range around 50-90 calories each.
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    at my desk, I have:

Granola bars
    Gluten-free protein bites (from my local hippie grocery)
    Bags of dates, dried bananas, dried mango slices, pecans
    Oatmeal packets
    A small tub each of coconut oil, almond butter, and protein powder
    Tub of gluten-free trail mix

... I like variety.
  • Cindyo64
    Cindyo64 Posts: 3 Member
    I like the Special K cracker chips! I just take a bags with 1 serving in each to Keep track of the calories. There are several different flavors.
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    My go to snack at work is fruit, yogurt, and nuts (I switch them up, so I don't get bored). Occasionally, a piece of dark chocolate will slip into my snacks and perk up my day.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    I eat the "Kind" snack bars
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Purchase a small insulated lunch bag with an ice pack. I bring lunch/snacks every day to work this way. I have lots of cottage cheese, cut up apples, pears, bananas, and applesauce this way:)
  • RobinME
    RobinME Posts: 25 Member
    Grapes are a great idea, but try them frozen. It's like ice cream, mmmmmmmmm! :tongue:
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    100 calorie popcorn, flavored tuna packs
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    I bring an insulated lunch bag with a cold pack in it for things like yogurt or Babybel cheese.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Today I have a banana and about a millions calories of assorted Indian sweets because the counter set up in my local supermarket for Diwali was too much temptation for me to resist yesterday evening.
  • Fruit.
    Snack a Jacks.
    Mini oatcakes.
    Graze boxes.
    Veg crisps.

I love Graze!! Got one of their "Cookies & Cream" in my drawer at moment :smile:
    Agree with all above though - chocolate snack-a-jacks are gorgeous!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    I'm weird, but I like my cheese are room temp. So I snack on cheese, and mini dill pickles. Can you pack a little cooler with a ice pack in it?
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    I use an insulated lunchbag and put some cold/frozen items in which keeps everything cold. I eat the perishables in the morning typically and then non perishables in the afternoon. Some of my favorites:

Coconut chia pudding
    Yogurt with frozen fruit (keeps the yogurt cold til I'm ready to eat it and by then the fruit is defrosted)
    Cut up fruit
    Cut up veggies
    String cheese
    Laughing cow wedge or peanut butter or almond butter with toasted wheat bread, wasa crackers, english muffin, etc
    Air popped popcorn
    Almonds

Feel free to check out my diary...I'm a BIG snacker most days
  • How about a tiny icepack in a little plastic bag so you can bring along a chunk of cheese or container of yogurt. Get some protein and calcium.

Lots of vegies do just fine without being cold. Carrots, cauliflower, broccoli. Fruits like apples, bananas, oranges. A handful of pretzels and a handful of vegies taste good together.