HELP MUCH NEEDED.

Options
Alright, so I've been on the healthy eating/working out kick for almost a month, got great progress so far, feeling good, all that, you guys know what I mean.

But, yesterday we ran out of healthy food, aside from fruit (which I'll be eating for breakfast) and my protein powder (Which I may just have to have for lunch).

Thing is, we ordered pizza last night, and aren't going grocery shopping until Friday. And there are 2 Mazzio's boxes STARING at me every time I open the fridge. Pizza has always been my downfall....

I don't know how to avoid it. Like, I know it's just as easy as NOT eating it, but I've got this incredible feeling of deprivation, and guilt, like I'm thinking If I don't eat that, it's just going to go to waste. And I've had this relationship with pizza for I guess 15-20 years. Lol, I'm having a hard time breaking up with it. Sounds so weird to put food in such a category. But damn...I've already looked at the box and yelled I WANT YOU IN ME. I'm just...I need help here.

Replies

• nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    quick, put it in a ziplock bag and put it in the freezer. Then in case of emergency, you have a pizza that you can put in the oven and have. But since you just had pizza yesterday, you do not need pizza again for at lease a month. You can do it. Stay strong.
  • wendylou224
    wendylou224 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    try making your own pizza sometime. I love homemade pizza and it is a lot more healthy
  • mommygirlx3
    mommygirlx3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I agree freeze it then its out of sight out of mind. You can do this stay strong
  • sassynurse78
    Options
    I found a long time ago that if I feel deprived i go crazy! I find a way to give into my cravings. If I break down and eat the pizza I just know that my next meal is going to suffer for it. I might get my pizza but Ill be eating chicken soup for supper. :) It is working for me!
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You can have pizza....just fit it into your calories for the day! I am a snack food junkie and everytime I've tried to 'diet' in the past, I would avoid all of the things I love and then breakdown and binge!

Now what I do is have a little bit of the foods that I love everyday! I have chocolate after dinner every night and it's really not such a big deal for me anymore. Depending on how many calories I have left will determine how many pieces I get. :)

Also, I love dips and chips and all of that great stuff. I've swapped out chips for the Special K cracker chips and use light artichoke and asiago dip. Many days that's a snack for me. one serving of each is around 150 cals. I fit it in....the more often I fit it in, the less I want to go overboard with it. This really has been a lifestyle change for me as opposed to a diet and I LOVE it!!
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Do you have any loose change piled up anywhere? I guess if you can't go grocery shopping due to financial reasons, you have a roadblock but if you can scrounge up some money to get eggs, milk, lettuce, you can work in some pizza between now and Friday. Like a salad with pizza chopped up on top, or a slice of pizza with sauteed veggies as the side. The sodium in pizza is so high which is why most people really limit it. Your consumption of it will likely affect your water retention this week.

After Friday though, I'd avoid your trigger food until you can get your food budget and plan figured out. You can eat delicious food at home but it takes planning and a calculator to figure it out. I'd go ahead and start planning your menu for two weeks starting right now so that you are not in this position again.
  • KFilthy
    KFilthy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Do you have any loose change piled up anywhere? I guess if you can't go grocery shopping due to financial reasons, you have a roadblock but if you can scrounge up some money to get eggs, milk, lettuce, you can work in some pizza between now and Friday. Like a salad with pizza chopped up on top, or a slice of pizza with sauteed veggies as the side. The sodium in pizza is so high which is why most people really limit it. Your consumption of it will likely affect your water retention this week.

After Friday though, I'd avoid your trigger food until you can get your food budget and plan figured out. You can eat delicious food at home but it takes planning and a calculator to figure it out. I'd go ahead and start planning your menu for two weeks starting right now so that you are not in this position again.

I do, but no car. I'm kind of a stay at home wife type thing. And Friday is just our usual shopping day, but since I've been learning more healthy recipes, this week I've used most of the stuff early. Lol, I'm sure I can go and get some stuff after he gets off work today, my problem is just in the mean time.