Need to lose the pregnancy flab....again!!!

Options
Hi everyone! I was on here after my last pregnancy and had some success, so I thought why not try it again. My little one is 7 weeks, and thanks to breastfeeding I've lost all my pregnancy weight according to the scale (although I have more I need to lose)...but the flabby gross stomach area has got to go!!! I have PCOS which makes it difficult to lose in my tummy area to begin with, but I'm going to give it a shot. I would love to find a few friends in similar situations to work together and motivate each other. Let's do this!

Replies

• GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 boys via c-section so I am also working on "fixing" my tummy. I know the stretch marks aren't going anywhere but I don't mind them that much LOL. I am hoping to get it to flatten out a bit though. I have gone from 206 to 162 so far. As of right now, I am lighter than when I got pregnant with my first so at least thats good!

I also use a bodymedia fit as well.
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Greek...congrats on the weight loss so far! I hear ya on the c-section tummy! Ugh!!! I have the same thing after 2 of my own :(
  • tristahenry
    Options
    I'm 4 weeks PP and looking for buddies... and advice on getting to work out with my LO. I can't tell where I'm at right now with weight but I'm fitting into my old jeans - they don't look great - but they fit.
  • JazRos10
    Options
    Hello. I am new on here and looking to make friends with people I can motivate, and that can motivate me too so we don't "fall off the wagon." I am a sahm in Central FL trying to lose baby weight from my pregnancy (baby is 8mo)
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 weeks pp and can't wait to lose this weight! I gained 45 lbs with this pregnancy, lost 15 after giving birth, but still want to lose another 40 or 45 since I was overweight to begin with. I'd love some friends who can help motivate me! :smile:
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the repies. Its nice to know that I'm not alone!
  • evasmommy2012
    evasmommy2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I am 5 MONTHS pp! I have a c section tummy as well. I Am looking to lose at least 25 pounds. Gotta catch this extra poundage before it gets out of hand.
  • beverlybw
    beverlybw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My little guy is a year and a half, but after being on bed rest the last 3 months of my pregnancy, I realized very quickly that even though I'd only gained 32lbs, it was ALL pure fat and I'd lost so much muscle. I am right there with you, just trying to get back to me. I have another 10lbs or so to go still and I'd love to have a support system on here. :D
  • simbody
    simbody Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My little guy is 2 months old now and I've been back at the gym and watching my diet for the past 2 weeks. Unfortunately we had issues with breastfeeding, so he's only partially BF and the rest formula fed...so that "it'll all come off when you breastfeed" advice everyone gave me while I was pregnant didn't pan out. :( Also, I put on a lot of weight (55 lbs) due to a very stressful pregnancy which led to bad eating habits, and then being put on bed rest for the last 3 months. Now that the baby belly is gone and the truth is revealed, I can't believe how much fat I put on and where!! You know that scene in Tommy Boy where Chris Farley puts on David Spade's coat and sings "fat guy in a little coat"? That's what I feel like every time I try on something from my pre-pregnancy wardrobe!
  • johnledo
    Options
    my wife lost 21 pounds in 42 days from her pregnancy by drinking two milkshakes a day.

She orders the shakes at www.shakesthatsave.com

It actually saved us money too..the two shakes she drinks to replace her meals cost us only $3.50 per day much less than what two meals a day would cost...

Im thinking about doing it myself, i need to lose 90 pounds.
  • indigo_rose
    Options
    My youngest is now 1, (number 4) i started to lose weight but then broke my leg playing hockey 5 months ago so coupled with bed rest, no walking for 12 weeks and a bum leg filled with plates and screws my weightloss was hindered. I'm at week 6 now of getting this done so feel free to add me also! Anyone of you girls :)
  • dasexiimommy
    Options
    I started on here Sep '11 after having my 3rd c section 4 '11 then Dec '11 found out I was pregnant AGAIN!!!! Baby #4....4th c section equals ugly belly :noway: baby girl is now 3 months old and Im ready to get back on track....last time I did a great job had lost 21 lbs before I stopped working out. Im looking for other mommies to motivate and motivate me!!! Im finding it tough to find 30 minutes a day to exercise with a one year old and a 3 month old but Im determined to do it!!!!
  • turtleohs
    turtleohs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am a mother of two boys ages 4 and 17 months. I am still nursing my 17 month old... Just some advice:

Breastfeeding might make you hold onto more weight in the tummy, thigh and hip area as it is, so don't get discouraged and just keep at it :) Just be aware that too strenuous of exercise could make you have a dip in supply so much make sure you're eating enough calories to sustain a good supply!

At 17 months I'm just now getting to the point where my thighs abs and hips are toning up. Just remember it takes 9 months to put it on, so give yourself some time for it to come off!

Feel free to add me :)
  • 86rollyb
    86rollyb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My baby girl is 3 months old & I'm down nearly 40 lbs from the day I delivered... Too bad I gained more than that :p I still have 15 to go before I hit my goal weight but I also need to do a fair bit of toning! Feel free to add me!
  • alex_lo
    alex_lo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    simbody "fat guy in a little coat"?
    :blushing: Oh man I feel you on that one! Even tho I may be able to get the pre-pregnancy clothes on doesn't mean they look cute. Geez I thought I'd be outta yoga pants by now. My lil one is 3 months today.