Night Runners

Options
2»

Replies

• Eric53066
    Eric53066 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've been casually looking at lightweight running jackets that have reflective stripes on them as well as zippers for venting.

You'd think where you are you'd be more concerned with running in the snow. :p
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    Thanks for all the info. Now it's time to go shopping :drinker:
  • suzibanshee
    suzibanshee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    reflective (arm or ankle) bands - purchased mine on ebay, cheap.
  • Karrie262
    Karrie262 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Must haves are pepper spray and a knife! lol! I was at the running store a bit ago and they have reflective jackets where the sleeves come off and the jacket turns into a vest if you get too hot (sleeves are attached with magnets so they just come right off!!) Here, I found the link. The jacket has a pocket in the back so you can just stuff the sleeves in there. Presto, vesto!

http://www.sugoi.com/usa/run/men/outerwear/versa-jacket-2.html
  • biobreak
    biobreak Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Before I did Ragnar last year, I used to groan when my husband encouraged me to wear a reflective vest and headlamp. After Ragnar (where such gear, plus a blinking taillight, was required), I wouldn't consider running in the dark without them. I'm also coveting the crazy cool highly visible/reflective gear from here: http://www.relaxreflect.com/store/competitors/women.aspx.
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    Before I did Ragnar last year, I used to groan when my husband encouraged me to wear a reflective vest and headlamp. After Ragnar (where such gear, plus a blinking taillight, was required), I wouldn't consider running in the dark without them. I'm also coveting the crazy cool highly visible/reflective gear from here: http://www.relaxreflect.com/store/competitors/women.aspx.

Thanks for that website, that reflective gear looks awesome!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Nothing special.

I feel it is far safer to run at night. Cars are easy to spot from a long distance. The best was to not get hit by cars is to get completely out of their way and expect that they don't see you. This is far easier to do when you can see them coming from a long way off. You also don't have to look back near as often, headlights broadcast the position of cars behind you from afar.
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Head lamp and blinking lights that pin onto my jacket-front and back
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Nothing special.

I feel it is far safer to run at night. Cars are easy to spot from a long distance. The best was to not get hit by cars is to get completely out of their way and expect that they don't see you. This is far easier to do when you can see them coming from a long way off. You also don't have to look back near as often, headlights broadcast the position of cars behind you from afar.

That's actually a really good point. Smart running is aware running. Know your surroundings. Be proactive not reactive.