I think I'm doing something wrong

Options
2»

Replies

• jaimesoo
    jaimesoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! This is a great way to lose weight and we are all here for support. Keep doing what you are doing!!
  • MsMonMon
    Options
    Hello I just wanted to add to this post, if losing over 8 pounds in three weeks is not celebrated then when do we celebrate our triumph? Weight lost has never been easy, or fun when you really considerate. However you have a network of supporters who are here to clap and cheer you on even with 1 pound lost. Good Girl keep it up!!! I’ve just stared my plan and I hope for all your support too!

:flowerforyou:
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I smell a troll...
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Today marks three weeks on MFP. I've only lost 8.6 pounds.

Seriously?! :huh: You've lost more weight in these 3 weeks than you would have if you hadn't joined MFP. Be happy you're losing, when I joined it took 2 weeks before I lost anything. I just got out of a plateau of 3 weeks where I didn't lose anything. And now I'm losing again-was I upset about losing only 1 pound? No, I was excited cause I finally broke through and am losing again.

Slow and steady wins the race. Ask yourself-would you rather lose it fast and gain it back or lose it slower but keep it off?
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    The first week or so is mainly water weight. You just lost less water weight this time.

This
  • mermer315
    mermer315 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! With the amount of weight you have to lose 1.5 to 2 pounds a week is about the best you can do and you've passed that by far!
    This is a marathon, not a sprint.

This is not Biggest Loser, this is the real world.

Learn some patience and be proud of the fact that you're making improvements to your health and fitness, not just losing weight. There is way more to this process than the number on the scale!

all of this!
  • wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    :) It took a long time to get overweight.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    You lost nearly 9 lbs in 3 weeks. You should employ a weekly weight loss strategy that fits how much fat mass you have instead of eyeing deficits that on paper give you the quickest results. The less fat mass one has, the slower it gets and these crash diets focusing on massive weight loss initially will only net the same outcome - serious weight regain.
  • wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I don't know what a "troll" is, but I guess I'm not one. lol I was just feeling let down with the amount of weight I lost this week. Thank you to everyone who was positive and supportive. Yes, I did WW before...not many times. And, I did lose quite a bit of weight. I gained it back due to health issues & surgeries that caused me to be inactive.
  • triceever
    Options
    That is awesome! I'm in agreement with others on here. You are doing great and has lost a good amount of weight.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You lost nearly 9 lbs in 3 weeks. What more do you want - a unicorn? You should employ a weekly weight loss strategy that fits how much fat mass you have instead of eyeing deficits that on paper give you the quickest results. The less fat mass one has, the slower it gets and these crash diets focusing on massive weight loss initially will only net the same outcome - serious weight regain.

I want a unicorn! :sad:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'd like a unicorn too - but not like the one in "Cabin in the Woods". :shudder:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    You lost nearly 9 lbs in 3 weeks. What more do you want - a unicorn? You should employ a weekly weight loss strategy that fits how much fat mass you have instead of eyeing deficits that on paper give you the quickest results. The less fat mass one has, the slower it gets and these crash diets focusing on massive weight loss initially will only net the same outcome - serious weight regain.

I want a unicorn! :sad:

Me too!!! :sad:
    See what you started Geeky???
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I don't know what a "troll" is, but I guess I'm not one. lol I was just feeling let down with the amount of weight I lost this week. Thank you to everyone who was positive and supportive. Yes, I did WW before...not many times. And, I did lose quite a bit of weight. I gained it back due to health issues & surgeries that caused me to be inactive.

I thought you were a troll looking to start a thread that made people go ballistic. As it really does not seem reasonable to me that someone would be so upset with this amount of weight loss.

I apologize for that and hope you are able to make some lifestyle changes to ensure your health for a long time. If you have a healthy diet, being inactive will not make you gain weight. Trust me, I am in the middle of testing for lupus due to some horrible chronic pain and have not lifted since January and was told not to run in May, I am still sitting at 107 lbs. Being inactive did not cause me to gain weight, eating healthy is the reason I have not gained weight. Now do not get me wrong, you will see chocolate, cookies and cheese puffs in my diary, but the rest of it is going to be pretty darn good.

I agree with the folks who say it is water weight. You will slow down and losing between .5 and 2 pounds a week is a win! You can do this, you do not need to diet, just eat healthy, I promise it will happen. It will not happen over night, but it will happen. Just pay attention to what you put in your body. After all, if you do not take care of it, where are you going to live?

I have a healthy cooking page on facebook. The link is on my profile page. Feel free to check it out. I love food and eating. I am not going to not enjoy my life and eat bland gross cardboard food. I have created dishes that are delish, filling and good for us. Check it out.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I'd like a unicorn too - but not like the one in "Cabin in the Woods". :shudder:

I was just thinking the same thing! Sadly, I wish that movie had ended differently, it was such a good idea :grumble: