NSV I just officially put my type II diabetes in remission

Options
emcdonie
emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
Went to the doc yesterday to check bloodwork to make sure my liver function returned to normal after it being high a couple months ago. A standard diabetes check up. Also to check on my thyroid and how the synthroid is doing. They called with bloodwork results. My A1C is now 5.4 and the doctor said providing I continue my diet and exercise, I absolutely DO NOT need metformin any longer!

This is a HUGE victory for me. My liver has fully returned to normal. My thyroid numbers are the best they have been in years. However I do have to have an ultrasound on it friday as it is enlarged for some reason. So we will have to see how that comes out. But bloodwork wise, everything looks great. I am praising God that just 34 pounds weight loss and I have effectively put my type II diabetes into remission!!!

I shared this with my friends, but I wanted to share here too as an encouragement to other diabetics in particular. It may not take as long as you think to kick diabetes. Initially I would have expected I would have to lose at least about a hundred pounds. But my SW was 335. I am at 301.4 (and chomping at the bit to get out of the threes) but even at the 34 lbs weight loss I got great news today. In fact, I don't think you could smack the smile off of my face!

Replies

• kimimila86
    Options
    This is GREAT news! Congrats to you and your hard work. I suffer from hypothyroidism as well, so it's great that it's getting under control.
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news! I was at the doctor last week for some blood tests, and she wants me to re-do the fasting glucose because it was a tiny bit high.

She's giving me two moths to get it under control and test again, so this is very, very encouraging to read.

One of the reasons I finally decided ti get serious about losing weight and getting in shape is I know if I don't get a handle on things, type two diabetes is not far off for me.

So happy for you that you have it beat!
  • ephemerata
    ephemerata Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic! congratulations!
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful. Way to go!
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    This is SO awesome. YOU GO GIRL!!!! :)
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!!!
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    that is AWESOME news, congratulations and keep it up!!!
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    That is so great! Well done you!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    That's great news!

I've done the same thing recently - it's great motivation to keep going!
  • LisabethG
    LisabethG Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is awesome news. I am working towards getting off my Metformin someday also. Had my bloodwork done
    today. My last check-up came back with an A1c at 5.9!! So close.... Now to get off the remainder of my weight.
    Down 50 so far, 50 more to go. Thank you for sharing.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Great news!
  • konekkobaba
    Options
    That is fantastic! my Doc told me yesterday my A1 C is perfect, and as long as I keep up the diet/exercise, it will more than likely be under control and no meds! Congrats on your victory!
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    you are such an inspiration! congratulations!
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :)
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    way to go!
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    That is fabulous! The health benefits are just as sweet as the numbers on the scale.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    YAAAAY!!! These are my favorite stories!! The ones where lab results confirm improved health. I just love it. Congrats, lady!!! Keep up the amazing work!
  • chicfreak9
    chicfreak9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Best NSV ever
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I know for me, my blood work coming back to normal was more exciting than any outward physical changes that happened.
  • Stac2004
    Stac2004 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    One of the best NSV I've read. Amazing job!!! You should Be so proud of yourself and celebrate!!! :-)).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!