After the 30 day shred

Options
I have just finished the 30 day shred (admittedly in about 50 days) but I enjoyed it and feel so much fitter! I finished on Sunday just gone and was thinking of taking it down to one day a week with gym twice a week, swimming once a week, a long walk once a week and another one of jillians dvds once a week. However I missed the gym Monday and did not get the chance to do any exercise yesterday due to family but thought I must do it tonight. I have just completed level 1(thinking I would alternate between levels) and it killed me. Which shocked me a bit to say the least.

So short story after the 30 day shred have you found you feel unfit going back to level 1?
I dont know if I put a bit too much effort in this time thinking I could or I really am back to square one!
Sorry for the round the houses story, I hope you get the gist.

Replies

• Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I think it's because there's so much time between level 1 and getting back into it. I alternate between 30 day shred, Ripped in 30 and Killer Buns and Thighs and I do all the different levels just because I get bored and so I'm feeling challenged all the time. Keep up the good work!
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I cant remember about the shred but I had Ripped in 30 nailed before I went on hols and level 2 is kicking my *kitten* now that Im back! Im just trying to remember that I adapted quickly first time round - hopefully Ill do the same if I can stick with it this time.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    So did it work? Are you shredded?
  • zoerunsfaster
    zoerunsfaster Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I went on to p90x which is hardcore but I'm loving it! I'm on week 3 so first rest week this week. I still do the shred if I'm away from home, but add sprints or shuttle runs in instead of her cardio as it ups the intensity.
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Pedal_Pusher - Im a lot more shredded than I used to be and I found my abs for the first time ever! Still a bit more to go though!
  • limico91
    limico91 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I hadnt thought about the fact I hadnt done it for a while. I also used my heavier weights for most of it so that probably didnt help either.
    Pedal pusher - I have a long long long way to go with losing weight so by no means am I shredded but Im certainly more toned and my body has changed shape for the better. Except my boobs, I lost 5 inches off them :(