Have you had results with leslie sansone dvds?

Options

Replies

• ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    It's a dvd. I have the 5 Really Big Miles and it's walking, squats, kicks, resistance bands and up beat!! I love it!! As a matter of fact I will be walking with her tonight. Leslie's dvd's are great for beginners and higher level fitness people. You can modify throughout the entire dvd to your fitness level.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I like her, although I had only had little results with her DVD's. I will still do hers when I need to do something light.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I lost all of my "baby" weight doing those right after I had my daughter. Worked great but I thought she was kind of annoying. I would usually turn the volume down low.
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I used her dvds years ago and lost almost 60 pounds! I now alternate between walking and her strength training dvds. I do the 5 Really big miles with the resistance band a few times a week. I notice more toning in my arms and midsection when I do them. I do the to my fullest ability and I sweat really bad when I am finished. I really like them a lot!
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I've lost 24lbs and 17.5 inches mainly doing her 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk video as exercise. They're really great low impact (I have a knee issue) and if you put the effort in give a great workout! Just match your pace to hers and you'll have results!
  • lisa812many
    lisa812many Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love the leslie sansone workouts since I can only do low impact. I have 12 DVDs which I rotate (many of mine are 5 mile ones now). I do 50 to 60 minutes 3 times a week and 90 minutes once or twice a week. I have lost 31 pounds so far -- good news is I am losing much of it in my waist hips and thighs (where I had much excess). I went from a size 16 to a 12; but it takes time; I am doing the slow but steady plan! Good luck!
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    I first used the WATP dvd at my mother's suggestion back in 2007. I started with 3 Miles and lost 30 pounds in three months.
  • ashdred
    ashdred Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Is it just a dvd and u are walking in place??

most dvds are just that simple. dvd + movement in place. lol.

but i would call it a low-impact aerobic video. you do the side steps...the jog forwards and jog backs...body rocks and what not...i know we do in the "leslie sansone 5 really big miles." in that video and a couple of others, she includes a resistance band to help with some low-impact strength training. it will definitely help with building endurance for harder workouts.

in the past, i found that a lot of the time i say to hell with working out because i think if im not killing myself, i'm not making an impact. but i've found that when i work myself up, i do better.
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    bump
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Yuppers. I purchased just one WATP video a couple of years ago, in February. It gets cold where I live and super windy, so I thought I would give it a try inside on the days I couldn't go out. I used it instead of my outside cardio only, so instead of not in addition to. I lost 50+ pounds and I am sure it contributed to that.

This go 'round, I am using it in addition to my outside walks, later in the evening. I have the 5 day slim down one. I usually walk outside 3 mph-ish for an hour to an hour and a half, plus an hour to an hour and a half of the WATP each day, plus or minus. I often do just the first mile 4 times or the first and second mile twice each, etc. Sometimes I use 2 pound weights, one in each hand, just for extra muscle toning. I am only into the journey this time for about 5 weeks, (to lose an additional 40 lbs, maybe more, we'll see how it goes) but I am sure it is helping me once again. I've lost 13 pounds so far and my legs are getting slimmer...well, less bulky anyhow ;-) My weigh day isn't until tomorrow, so you can subtract a week from the 5, actually.

What I like about the WATP is it is instant access for me anytime I have 14 minutes spare time to sneak in a mile. There's really nothing I don't like-except it isn't outdoors. I can't speak to any of her other videos since this is the only one cheapskateme was willing to pay for.

If you're in doubt, go to WalMart and buy one to see. Give it a few weeks and make sure you do it regularly. If it works for you, awesome. if not, then you're only out $10-ish which is about the price of a big mac and super size fries these days, I think. I would be happy to be your friend on here if you think it will help.

Barb
  • diztimetoshine
    diztimetoshine Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I saw this today... I have had success with her dvd's in the past. I am just coming from a foot injury and physical therapy and mentioned to a friend (today) that I was going home from work and doing a Leslie Sansone walk... It's what you have to put into it.. When I was doing it faithfully (depending on how my day and energy levels were) I would bump it up to a higher impact... Good Luck, Stick with it and you too will see the results.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    They are a great, low impact way to burn calories. You won't burn as much as if you were running or high impact kick boxing, buuut, they are easy to do, will make you sweat and the calories burned adds up!
    I love these dvds. She is annoying, but she knows what she is talking about. Right now I have the 5 big miles with the toning band. Great workout to do. If you are eating in your calorie range given to you by MFP and using the dvds you will get results.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone! I have about 6 of her DVD's!!
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I love LeslieSansone dvds especially in the winter! In the month of January I did like 60 miles with her dvds, I didn't lose weight but I did lose inches, it seemed to tone everything up which was wonderful! What I did was go to the library and try a few of hers and the ones I liked I bought off of Amazon. I really like her faster paced ones, they go by so fast!
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Is it just a dvd and u are walking in place??

You kind of have the idea. The walking in place can involve stepping sideways, knee lifts, back kicks......

It is a really good, low impact start if you don't exercise already. If you're doing P90X you'll be bored, but for the rest of us..........
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I love her videos! I lead a 3x a week fitness class at church and we workout to some of her stuff. The ladies all scoffed at it that first night and couldn't believe I picked something so easy, but I told them that I didn't know who would be joining our class and I wanted it to be accessible to ANYONE.

They laughed and poked fun at it for about 10 minutes and then it got quiet....

After class I was like, "Well I'll bring a tougher video next time." and the response was a unanimous "No, this will be fine!" because they were all worn out! LOL And that was just a 2 mile video! We've since moved on to a 3 mile.

Even now that I can run 7 miles, I still have nights that I am thoroughly exhausted and feel like I'm barely getting through her 45 minute video. It's good stuff!
  • whitley1988
    whitley1988 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used her dvds for two months and lost about 20 pounds. It started to get a little boring so I have moved on to the 30 day shred, which is kicking my butt at the present time.
  • jewelsc1
    Options
    Though I haven't used them lately, I love Lesle Sansone videos! I definitely got results from them, too. More endurance and strength in my arms and legs as well as core. Like others have said, though, you get out of it what you put in.
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I may have to try it..I am a beginner when it comes to exercise so which one of her DVD's would you advise me to start with?
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I may have to try it..I am a beginner when it comes to exercise so which one of her DVD's would you advise me to start with?

I've started with a video that has 5 workouts on it. Mine has the Getting Started 1 Mile Walk, 2 Mile Walk, Walk and Kick, Fat Burning Walk, and the High Energy Burn. I like it because i can do one of the 1 miles in the am and then do one of the 2 miles in the evening when I get home. I got mine from half.com really cheap.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!