How do you reward yourself?

Options
I'm just starting out the serious weight loss lifestyle and I've set up a lot of incremental goals for myself: my weight at high school graduation, my weight on the first day of college, my weight from my "athletic" days. I was wondering if other people did this and whether/ how they rewarded themselves when they hit those goals.

Replies

• Amlong1977
    Amlong1977 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    CLOTHES!!! :)
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I plan on having a pedicure when I hit 25 pounds lost (26 pounds actually! LOL) I just made a date with a friend of mine to share in the celebration whenever it happens. We'll celebrate my sucess together. I can't wait. Hopefully, it will be right around Christmas! :)
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've promised myself a fabulous new pair of shoes when I hit my half-way point, and new clothes when I hit my goal (I'll need them). Just pick something that would make you happy. A trip to the spa for a massage, pedicure, a new outfit, jewelry, anything........

Short-term, I let myself have one yummy, rule-free meal a week - just have to make sure to get right back on track again after that.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have booked a trip to Cuba the beginning of Dec, and that is my first goal. My second goal, will be our trip to Mexico in Feb. I have to run a 5k (Nov 4) and then do the 30 day shred until my trip. After that, will be Insanity/Ripped in 30 mixture. I am excited to complete these!
  • twingirlsmommy
    twingirlsmommy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm getting 10$ for every pound I lose, my husbands holding it for me until i'm at goal adn then I'm going shopping : )
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    clothes for sure!! :love:
  • Danardeener
    Options
    I treated myself to two tattoos along the way. Now, I'm going for a third for making my goal weight!
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with new clothes that are in the size l am wishing to get down to.

Plus saving for that cruise that l have always wanted to go on. So at goal weight l am going on the cruise.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I have a "fund" jar on my dresser and for every 10 pounds I put in $10. For my first 10 pounds I would add my cumulative weight in dollars...! And of course I have had to purchase new clothes along the way....but I buy from the clearance racks. Clearance is my favorite designer! Also I have a set of books I've purchased but cannot open until I reach 50 pounds...and keep it there or more off!
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    the weight loss its self has been reward enough for me and the comments I get from people. Just today I went to see my husband at his work for a few minutes and I got a few 'wow you look great' comments...that's what keeps me going not a pedicure or new clothes. I'll buy a new wardrobe when I hit goal. But to each their own :)
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    -10lbs = new running shoes
    -20lbs = new workout clothes (2 bras and pants)
    -30lbs = yoga mat, 5lb hand weights for 30DS, new jeans and some tops (thanks boyfraaand :* )
    -40lbs = new dresses, cute tops and pants

Now I'm almost 50lbs down, hit my first goal weight, new gym bag!

I didn't stay strictly on the above schedule, but whenever I needed a boost, or when clothes got too big, I'd get something to keep me pushing hard at my workouts.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Treats like a shirt I think is cute, a pair of shoes I've been eying, makeup, a movie night out. I try to treat myself to something I would otherwise not give myself because I don't think of me first.
  • sandyjeffery
    Options
    I reward myself with clothes or a new perfume.
  • Ginnyesq
    Ginnyesq Posts: 109
    Options
    Clothes, shoes, jewlery, body products, make up, massages, mani/pedi, a new workout DVD, trips/vacations .... that's just my short list. :wink:
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm getting 10$ for every pound I lose, my husbands holding it for me until i'm at goal adn then I'm going shopping : )

this, though my husband is not holding onto my money... he'd probably spend it on his self..... Also I am only doing $5 a lb :)
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I treat myself to shirts and ties for church
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    once I hit goal (which is 2 lbs away), I am heading in for a new tattoo......

New clothes as well. 40 Lbs is a lot to lose and should be celebrated!
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I finally got to "onederland" and bought myself the new kindle. I haven't been this weight since I was a teenager, soooo happy! :bigsmile:
  • pinkkeith
    Options
    I don't have a reward system at all. I think feeling better about the way I look and feel is reward enough. I also think clothes shopping is a punishment, not a reward!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    My goal is also my reward: I want to hike the Inca Trail. (Gotta get in shape first)

Smaller goals like 1 pull-up, run a mile and so forth I have little small adventures. Like sign up for an AIRobics class, go horseback riding, kayaking in the bay, POLE DANCING class (!) and so forth.