Just one of those days....

kjllose
kjllose Posts: 948 Member
Uggh! Ever get one of those days when all you do is crave food? All I have wanted to do all day is eat, eat, eat. And for some reason it is just freaking me out!

Breakfast was 1/2c all bran
1/2c skim milk
small banana
cup of tea

Sanck was 1 large apple
handful of baby carrots
This is where the craving comes in
2 100 cal pack of hostess coffee cakes
1 weight watcher bagel w/ 2 TBp peanut butter

What the heck? Why is today such a hard day? Thanks for letting me rant. I now have to go find a way to burn this all off. Today is a bummer.

Replies

• kjllose
    Uggh! Ever get one of those days when all you do is crave food? All I have wanted to do all day is eat, eat, eat. And for some reason it is just freaking me out!

Breakfast was 1/2c all bran
    1/2c skim milk
    small banana
    cup of tea

Sanck was 1 large apple
    handful of baby carrots
    This is where the craving comes in
    2 100 cal pack of hostess coffee cakes
    1 weight watcher bagel w/ 2 TBp peanut butter

What the heck? Why is today such a hard day? Thanks for letting me rant. I now have to go find a way to burn this all off. Today is a bummer.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Oh.. you are SOOO not the only one with those days!! I have them...a little too often if you ask me! Some days are just bad days.. the eating eating eating days! And you don't know why..because other days food isn't such a big deal. I had one of your days just yesterday actually..where for some reason..I just kept eating..I don't even think I was hungry either.. that's the sad part! But all in all your food intake for today really isn't that bad! So don't give up!!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    I have had a couple of months like that actually. lol! I have been doing better, but today I feel sick and food is not at all appetizing to me. That is what is weirding me out! I don't know if I am going to get all my calories in today. Oh well. I've eaten enough for the last two months to keep me full for about six months. Just kidding! I'm going to have a light salad for lunch and some canteloupe and go from there. I don't feel like working out either, but I need to. It might make me feel better.
    Hope your cravings calm down! I know what you are talking about. Oh and one thing I noticed was that those 100 calorie packs actually caused me to want to eat more! Go figure. Maybe they triggered my sweet tooth. ???
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    I'm looking at your progress. You are doing great! Don't lose sight of the big picture. You are heading in the right direction. You will recover from this set back, just like you have from others, and keep the scales tipping in the right direction.
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    :flowerforyou: I can see why...you're making the same mistakes that I am...protein. My dieticians are telling me that I don't add protein to each of my meals. I see some protein in yours, but it's probably not enough. That will keep you satified longer. However, one thing that they weren't getting was that I too was craving sweets and no amount of protein would help...so they said that when I would have a craving, find an exercise, do it like sit ups.... walking in place, lifting weights...walking....instead of eating.....
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Mechanicmom- I know exactly what you are talking about! I eat one of those little 100 cal packs and I want to eat five more packs! I have to stay away from them all together :sad:
  • romywill
    romywill Posts: 42
    We all have these days - just get back to it tomorrow. Don't beat yourself up
  • kjllose
    Thanks everyone, the day didn't get any better but my perspective did and I just chalked it up to my body needing something. Today I started my day off with oatmeal and peanut butter and have done much better. I also decided on tuna wrapped in romaine leafs for lunch. One of my snacks was a tablespoon of peanut butter which I ate like a lollipop and the other was an apple. And I really haven't felt the urge to eat, eat, eat, so maybe I wasn't getting enough protein. Thanks for the support. I have been doing this since last August and I didn't think I would have this kind of problem since I had been doing it so long but I guess time doesn't matter lol. Also today I have been alot busier than yesterday so I didn't have as much time to think about food either. Again thanks for all the help.
  • Mags
    Mags Posts: 91 Member
    It helps to be busy; not enough time to think about food.

I get terrible cravings on a monthly basis. Sugar cravings aka iron deficiency I think but very low level.

I had a bad weekend a couple of weeks ago but knew I would as had visitors.

I did a bit of research on low GI foods which level out your blood sugar and help with reducing cravings as essentially you have enough energy to keep you going, as fatty and sugary foods which I was indulging in some of the time have the opposite effect.

Its worth having a look at and stocking up on foods you can put your hand to quickly as after an initial shaky restart to a more healthy ongoing diet, any calories ingested in first half of day, if low GI, will keep you going through day even if it seems like you are having a lot.

Its important too to level out blood sugars level if exercising regularly or I wake early hungry - bananas and honey are ideal for this. Potassium in banana provide lots of energy and honey your body breaks down and excretes better than suger and helps to level out your blood sugar.

Mags

60770.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kjllose
    Thanks Mags, I will look into low GI foods. I haven't really done research, I just stopped eating big portions and alot of bread. I went to whole wheat products for alot of my food. And yes, I usually have one banana a day. That has never really changed, in fact I get a little cranky if I can't have one for breakfast.lol.