To the 5ft 6.5 incher's

Options

Replies

• LindsayWantsToBeHealthy
    Options
    I'm 5'7" (sorry, a little off of 5'6") and my goal is 150. It's not about your weight though; it's about your health!
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Seriously loving this post...Thanks you all you ladies. So happy to hear from ladies with similar body types, heights, ect. I feel as though my goal is within reach. Any others have the problem where they look in the mirror and still see the "fat" self? I know my clothes have changed, but I just dont see it. :/
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I work in kilos so just had to research what I am in pounds. I am somewhere between 5ft6 and 5ft 7 (170cm)

In February I was 63kg which is big for me. I run a lot and the extra bit of weight was slowing me down. And my size 8 jeans were very uncomfy :blushing: I got a stress fracture in my ankle therefore could no longer rely on burning lots of weight off by running mega miles (marathons etc)

I'm now back to running lots again (50km 2 weeks ago ) and am at my goal weight of 58-59 kg That's a teeny bit under 130lb I believe. In the past I got to 56kg but didn't have much muscle then, plus I had giardia, a nasty parasite eating away at me :noway:
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Same goal. 150. After I hit that, who knows. 150 has been my ultimate goal though.
  • 05HeatherLouise05
    05HeatherLouise05 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 (not sure about being .5' never paid that much attention)
    I started out at around 180lbs
    I am 158lb at the moment
    and have a goal of around 143lbs.
    Mainly i just want to tone up :)
  • smiling_sushi
    smiling_sushi Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6" and my goal weight is 135. I picked that as my goal because it's right in the middle of the healthy BMI weight range, but once I reach that weight I plan on re-evaluating to see if I want to change it at all.
  • letlethugo
    letlethugo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    hmmm... my ideal weight is 118lbs... yikes... reaching 150lbs for me is long way too low. but anyways... just want to be fit and happy.

good luck to us guys
  • Sarinene
    Options
    I'm 5'6", I have a small frame and currently weigh 145 lbs. My ultimate goal is 114 lbs. I just don't get to be satisfied with my weight until I reach that goal. But when I was 150 lbs, I think I looked great! For a person at 5'6" I think that's a really good goal to set.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    I didn't see the 5ft bit and was just like pfft only 6.5 inches... my bad...
  • Rodamort
    Rodamort Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well you didn't say anything about having to be female to reply (although all other posts are from women)... Yes, I'm 5'6" on a good day. :) Come from short stock. My mom is 5' and dad is only 5'7". Anyways my goal is a bit higher then most of yours as I'm a guy. So 180 to start. I think I could get down a bit lower, but I'm shooting for that for now. But no matter the gender, I believe that we can all reach our goals if we stick with it! Keep it up!!! :)
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and maybe 5'6 1/4" and I have reached my original goal weight of 135 although I was happy at 145 and was trying to stop losing. Ive finally stopped and I hope to stay around this size.
  • WRXymama
    Options
    Well you didn't say anything about having to be female to reply (although all other posts are from women)... Yes, I'm 5'6" on a good day. :) Come from short stock. My mom is 5' and dad is only 5'7". Anyways my goal is a bit higher then most of yours as I'm a guy. So 180 to start. I think I could get down a bit lower, but I'm shooting for that for now. But no matter the gender, I believe that we can all reach our goals if we stick with it! Keep it up!!! :)

Indeed!
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Woot! I'm 5' 6.5", too.

I'm on my way to 140-150...lowest adult weight was 175, and I'm just a few pounds from that now.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    my lowest (for a week) was 153 - i used to fluctuate between 155 and 160. my goal is 160 wich is where my doctor said she would like to see me given my larger frame (if i lose more it is just a bonus!!). I reached 170 once - lost 10lbs (made the doc happy) but i let it creep up and up and up - now it need to work on going down down down *sigh*36 more lbs to go!
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 43. My goal was 136, but I"m my own worst enemy and I'm stuck around 160. I'd LOVE to get to 150, then re-evaluate. I weighed 135 in HS...26 years ago!! I weight more now, but I also have a lot more muscle. I'm not sure if I'd look good at 136. Small steps :laugh: I'll try for 158 for right now:blushing:
  • Chigger56
    Chigger56 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi!! Im 56, 5'6 inches, and weigh 151. My first goal was 160. Then it went to 150. Was going to try for 145, but I am maintaining SUPER EASY here, so I think I may be done. I feel GREAT!! I run 4 miles 5-6 days a week. And I think I look pretty darn good!! Have my curves back!!:bigsmile:
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my starting weight was 163. I am currently 135 but my goal weight is set at 125-130 which is what I was before my oldest son was born
  • larnsperger
    larnsperger Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I'm currently hovering around the 141 -145 mark. 150 is a great place to be, and I don't want to go over that number. 150 was my Weight Watcher's goal weight, as my theory was why pay to lose anymore, and it gave me a nice cushion for maintenance. Not sure how old you are, I'm 53 and it becomes so much harder to lose and maintain after menopause. I don't really feel the need to stay at 135 anymore. 150 sure beats 172 which is where I started. I feel great in my clothes at that weight. It's a personal choice, wishing you the best of luck!
  • WRXymama
    Options
    Hi!! Im 56, 5'6 inches, and weigh 151. My first goal was 160. Then it went to 150. Was going to try for 145, but I am maintaining SUPER EASY here, so I think I may be done. I feel GREAT!! I run 4 miles 5-6 days a week. And I think I look pretty darn good!! Have my curves back!!:bigsmile:

Yes! I'm curious for me how low I can be without losing my curves. Sometimes Im self concious about it and really dont care for the attention, but learning to embrace it...as that why I truly believe that I gained my weight back and felt comfortable with it. I was hiding behind all that fat so I would "blend in" if that makes sense.
  • WRXymama
    Options
    Want you all to know that I'm giving you all virtual hugs right now. :heart: