How do you love your brussel sprouts?

Options

Replies

• barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    LOL!I was always a brussels sprouts hater....UNTIL...I got some in my produce co-op basket and if I'm payin' for them, they gotta be eaten. Dunno why, but I was making a ham that day, the kind from walmart in the purple wrapper. Decided to use part of the glaze packet plus mustard and white wine and cook the brussels sprouts with that in the oven. OMG! it was delish! I have done the same thing with chicken breast and brussels sprouts. I don't use the glaze packet with the ham anymore. I just save it for brussels sprouts. Had some friends over for dinner and they were haters too. Not any more.

HTH!

Barb
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I LOVE them as far from me as possible. ;) I do eat them on occasion, but I'm not a fan.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Thinly shaved then sauteed with some shallots, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, a little white wine and finished with a little butter.

^^This sounds fantastic! I usually roast mine as above but on Thanksgiving I saute them in bacon and add tarragasn and a little cream to finish. Delicious!
  • gaylelynnmc
    Options
    I love my brussel sprouts...far far away!!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    butter and garlic
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Roasted in the oven w/ olive oil and balsamic.

Pan sauteed with bacon fat.

Steamed with soy sauce, tossed with a little bit of hoisin and sesame seeds.

Thin sliced and stir fried with veg.

Thin sliced and baked into chips with a bit of honey and vinegar to glaze.

Mmm. I lurve the brussel sprout.
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Sautéed with garlic olive oil, mushrooms and pine nuts! Yum!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I like them best roasted.
    Wash and peel any nasty leaves away....
    cut in half or quarters (depending on size)...
    Put in bowl with a little Olive Oil, salt and pepper, onion and garlic powder.
    Roast in oven until caramelized (approx 400 for 20min).....flip them half way through...

Then mix with anything!

I love them with sundried tomatoes, feta cheese, quinoa, kidney beans, sauteed onions and garlic...
    or with sweet potatoes and kidney beans, feta cheese and sunflower seeds...

YUMMY stuff :)

^^^^^^^^^ This! Love roasted brussel sprouts!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I like them any way. As long as they are FRESH brussel sprouts. The frozen ones are NASTY!

Yes, frozen are NASTY!!!!
    I like mine steamed, light spray of olive oil, and a dusting of parmesan cheese.
  • losingdreamie
    Options
    Roasted are my favorite too!! They are delicious even my 9 yr old loves them.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Roasted or steamed with butter, salt and pepper... Yum!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I love mine with some bacon and onion that i brown in a little olive oil. I add the fresh brussel sprouts that have been cleaned and cut in half in after i brown the bacon and onion. Cook until slightly tender i like mine with a little crunch. Salt and pepper to taste and volia perfect brussel sprouts. Even my 5 and 2 year old gobble them down:)
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    I love them too. I hate them frozen though, they are totally disgusting. I haven't met a person yet that likes the frozen one. Cut them in half and sautee them with butter and garlic, salt and pepper or whatever seasoning you like.
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Roasted, but I use the fresh baby ones. They are about a quarter the size and so tasty.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Thinly shaved is the way to go! Slice them up very finely, then saute with some sliced pancetta if you can get some, or olive oil. Throw in some garlic, minced shallot, salt and pepper and saute until bright green. Even people who hate brussel sprouts will like them this way!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    love them - boiled, drained, then back inthe pot w/ some butter... mmmm brussles!!!!
  • ChristinaG100
    ChristinaG100 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Once all the big leaves and stem are cut off so only the sweet stuff remains- steam them and than I serve them with salted :love: cashews and vinegar.
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I love them roasted, seriously eat them several times a week. I buy them fresh at the local market, there are days I go in only for those... LOVE them.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I love mine with bacon, but I'm gonna try some of these other ideas.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    In the garbage :).