C25K

Options
Made it 30 minutes today for the first time. Can't believe it. It killed me to run 2 minutes a few months ago. Getting excited about the idea of actually being able to run.

Replies

• daved71
    daved71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great job. Was this on a treadmill or outside? I am up to week 3 and think I may stay here for 2 weeks.
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    I started today too! Wasn't too bad, but I kinda took it easy since it was my first day back in like 6 months!
  • milesje
    milesje Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just finished day one of week 8. I'm not really running it as fast as I should be, but I am running it. I started it to get ready for Warrior Dash (www.warriordash.com).
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    What sort of program are you guys talking about, just curious. BTW, my husband is doing the warrior dash in Joliet this year and is super pumped.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It is a great accomplishment! I completed C25K in December and I am still running! I am up to 50 minutes nonstop! :smile: It is really cool to see the transition from being a non runner to officially becoming a runner!

Milseje - I have a friend on here who is doing the warrior dash too!
  • savvystephy
    Options
    What sort of program are you guys talking about, just curious. BTW, my husband is doing the warrior dash in Joliet this year and is super pumped.

It is called the Couch to 5K program. If that is what you are referring to. www.c25k.com has links to everything you need to know about the program.
  • MFR1974
    MFR1974 Posts: 92
    Options
    I'm new to C25K...and I've got a question. Last week was my week 1. The plan says to not overdue. So I only worked out 4 times last week for 25 min total each time. Do you think it is ok to add in precor/walking etc on the off days? I'm super new to running and don't want to hurt myself. Would it be better just to start super slow and build up as I get stronger? I need to repeat training week 1. My hips are super sore and I don't feel I'm ready to move on yet. Any advice for me? I'm still about 20+ lbs overweight at least, I don't want to do any damage to my hips and knees that can't be reversed. Thanks!
  • savvystephy
    Options
    I'm new to C25K...and I've got a question. Last week was my week 1. The plan says to not overdue. So I only worked out 4 times last week for 25 min total each time. Do you think it is ok to add in precor/walking etc on the off days? I'm super new to running and don't want to hurt myself. Would it be better just to start super slow and build up as I get stronger? I need to repeat training week 1. My hips are super sore and I don't feel I'm ready to move on yet. Any advice for me? I'm still about 20+ lbs overweight at least, I don't want to do any damage to my hips and knees that can't be reversed. Thanks!

Only do C25K training three times a week. On your off days you can do other exercises, just don't run. I am sure easy walking would be okay. You don't have to push really hard while you are running either, an easy jog would be fine for the intervals. C25K is to give you a slow progression from not running to becoming a runner. :smile: I hope that helps.
  • jenlhugg
    Options
    THANKS YOU!!!!!!!!! I would love to try it, tried my hand at running last year, and have lost all progress I made, this sounds like a great way to do it.
  • jenlhugg
    Options
    THANKS YOU!!!!!!!!! I would love to try it, tried my hand at running last year, and have lost all progress I made, this sounds like a great way to do it.