The word "bowel" has no place in the Food Database

Options
I'm not nagging or whining. I'm not even one of those people who bang on about others who use "their/they're/there" incorrectly (although I do inwardly wince). However, for the sake of who use the database to log food..... I am begging, pleading and IMPLORING: please, when you enter foods in the database, make sure you spell the items correctly to make it easier on the rest of us. If you're not a great speller and/or in a hurry...then just opt out of adding it to the database for public use.

I don't care who did this (although I'm sure someone's high school English teacher is rolling in his or her grave). It's not necessary to run spell-check but...[throws hands up helplessly] how can so many words be misspelled, one of which is "bowl". If it was just one word misspelled, I wouldn't even be posting this.

NO.png

I don't know about anyone else, but there oughtn't to be any mention of "bowel" in a food listing.

[And for you wiseacres, I'm already prepared for the onslaught of Chipotle/bowel jokes. Bring it on! :laugh: ]

Cheers!

Replies

• zlem
    zlem Posts: 92
    Options
    vzUQc.gif
    well it does have some legit uses.. lol :P
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    :huh: :noway: and there more than just those few in the DB
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,120 Member
    Options
    Even funnier that they knew how to spell Chipotle. :noway:
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

I KNOW! :laugh: That is far more likely to have been mispelled--I thought the same thing.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    HAHA, cringing and loving it at the same time :P
  • newme1850
    newme1850 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ROFL at this post! So funny :P
  • Canderson58054
    Canderson58054 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • newme1850
    newme1850 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Hahaha!!! I don't even know how to excuse that....SMH
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Usually the bowel doesn't get me until after I eat chipotle.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Good lord. That's a good reason not to eat Chipotle! :sick:
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I'm not nagging or whining. I'm not even one of those people who bang on about others who use "their/they're/there" incorrectly (although I do inwardly wince). However, for the sake of who use the database to log food..... I am begging, pleading and IMPLORING: please, when you enter foods in the database, make sure you spell the items correctly to make it easier on the rest of us. If you're not a great speller and/or in a hurry...then just opt out of adding it to the database for public use.

I don't know about anyone else, but there oughtn't to be any mention of "bowel" in a food listing.

[And for you wiseacres, I'm already prepared for the onslaught of Chipotle/bowel jokes. Bring it on! :laugh: ]

Maybe they were thinking of chitterlings... aka "chitlins"? Those are bowels...:sick:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Bowel Food - Rocket Pasta.. I think I will avoid that stuff.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Of course Chipotle and bowel would be in the same sentence!
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Oh man. And I ate at Chipotle tonight. Now my mouth needs a shower.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Misspellings annoy the Hell out of me, but the worse part is when the nutritional information for the item is COMPLETELY wrong! I notice these thing and fix them for my diary, but most people on here wouldn't know it was wrong and are logging their intake incorrectly because of it.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Last time I ate bowels... I called them Chitterlings.... That being said, the last 2 times I ate such delicacies, I broke out in hives and my throat started to close up so thinking about the old 3 strikes and your out rule, I no longer partake therein. (I would have stopped the first time but I did not relate the experience to the Chitterlings and my throat did not swell that time... the second time... I realized it was the common denominator and ... well, breathing is healthier than not breathing so no more bowels for me....
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    As another aside... I do sometimes put things in the database for me... I have a particular sandwich that I have at subway.. It includes a mispelling of my last name so that all I have to do is type that word and it pops up... Something tells me, that is NOT what was going on here.
  • m23gm25
    m23gm25 Posts: 157
    Options
    Misspellings annoy the Hell out of me, but the worse part is when the nutritional information for the item is COMPLETELY wrong! I notice these thing and fix them for my diary, but most people on here wouldn't know it was wrong and are logging their intake incorrectly because of it.
  • m23gm25
    m23gm25 Posts: 157
    Options
    I know! You really have to slog through the DB to make sure you have the correct nutrtion info!
  • natalovesmusic
    natalovesmusic Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    aha love it!