Trying to wrap my head around this

Options
My journey has taken me from a size 16/18 to a 0/2. Im at a very healthy 130lbs 5'5". Normally people my height are not that high of a weight in that size. I know it depends on body type and frame but it sounds a little off. I dont know my measurements, but am pretty much a solid 0 in jeans. So where is the weight. I know I am skinny fat and am working on it. And the weight isnt muscle, so where is it.

Dumb/weird question
Sorry

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I wish to be that size at that weight lol
  • rexsfoodlady
    Options
    My journey has taken me from a size 16/18 to a 0/2. Im at a very healthy 130lbs 5'5". Normally people my height are not that high of a weight in that size. I know it depends on body type and frame but it sounds a little off. I dont know my measurements, but am pretty much a solid 0 in jeans. So where is the weight. I know I am skinny fat and am working on it. And the weight isnt muscle, so where is it.

Dumb/weird question
    Sorry

Maybe bone density?
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Are you a 0/2 in different brands? I know I can wear smaller sizes in one company's clothes, but a larger size in another's. Just a thought, maybe you're only a 0/2 at one certain store....

I'm 5'7, about 132Lbs and wear a size 6, maybe a 4 if I squeezed. I only buy Eddie Bauer pants though, I've never even tried another brand.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    junk in the trunk/boobs? lol
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

Maybe bone density?

no... And it's hard to tell without seeing a picture or something, are you top heavy?

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm
  • Milf_zilla
    Options
    I wear several brands. they are all 0s. I have a pair of wet seal size 0 that are snug and would need a size 2.

Lol and also no junk and im a 34c
  • tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My guess would be bone density. I know that in my family, even the super skinny people are heavy.

it's cliche, but maybe you are ahem 'big boned'.

The point is, if you are rocking size ZERO jeans, and looking and feeling healthy, what does it matter what the scale says?
  • Ang_Quark
    Options
    My guess would be bone density. I know that in my family, even the super skinny people are heavy.

it's cliche, but maybe you are ahem 'big boned'.

The point is, if you are rocking size ZERO jeans, and looking and feeling healthy, what does it matter what the scale says?

^ This !
  • marceguerrero
    Options
    I am deceptively heavy, not the classic V shape, tailors refer to this as "barrel chested" -thick-torso. That being said, some women are built similar, from "my eyes" she looks like she has a "swimmers' body" (broad & thick shoulders) but lean.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

I'm 5'7, about 132Lbs and wear a size 6, maybe a 4 if I squeezed.

This describes me, exactly. I've seen size 0 and it scares me. I don't know what weight I'd have to be to squeeze into one of those, but it wouldn't be pretty! I think it's just all about the body type. I'm on the thin side, but I have muscle on my legs and my hips aren't narrow. A size 0 woman of my weight (128-ish) probably just has a very petite/narrow frame compared to me. Some people are just never going to fit into a zero at any weight - and that's ok. You happen to be one of the body types who fits right into a zero - and that's ok, too. :flowerforyou:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I am deceptively heavy, not the classic V shape, tailors refer to this as "barrel chested" -thick-torso. That being said, some women are built similar, from "my eyes" she looks like she has a "swimmers' body" (broad & thick shoulders) but lean.

Maybe so! A "swimmer's body" could probably fit into a smaller size pants at a heavier weight.
  • rst12267
    rst12267 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm 5'5 too and at my lowest I was 102 lbs. (of course i was 20 then) and wore a 3. I'm now 166 ( i'm 45 now) and wear a 12. When I lost weight before it was purely calorie restriction so I kinda looked unhealthy and skinny. With this program I've been working out 6 daisy a week and have been losing consistently and feel lean muscle slowly poking through the flab.

It's so interesting to hear all the heights and weights and sizes of people on these boards because it varies so much. I think it does depend on your body type and how and where your body chooses to lose the weight and put on muscle.