what else can i do with cottage cheese?

2»

Replies

• Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    I love baked potatoes plain with cottage cheese on top! Nothing else just those 2! SO GOOOOOOD!
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    I love it plain or mixed with fruit, personally.

OR!

As part of my protein pancakes!

1/3 C. cottage cheese
    1/3 C. rolled oats
    1 whole egg PLUS one egg white
    1/8 tsp. baking powder
    1/4 - 1/2 tsp cinnamon
    A few drops of vanilla extract

Blend it all up (I use a magic bullet) until smooth, then cook as pancakes! Or stick the mix in a waffle iron. Super delicious topped with fruit, around 20-25g protein and 30-something carbs for the whole batch. Not bad for pancakes. =)

the cottage cheese doesnt burn at allwhen you cook it?

Nope, it all gets blended into the batter and cooks up just like regular pancakes. It's very important to blend it until it's smooth though, otherwise you'll just have a weird, chunky, cold oatmeal. Blech.
    i need to buy a waffle maker... this sounds like it makes an awesome waffle

also thanks for all of your suggestions everyone REALLY!!! i wanna try out all of this lol
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Make paneer (Indian Cheese) and cook a million paneer dishes.
  • my mom uses it in lasagna it works pretty good
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    I usually add crushed walnuts, blackberries (or grapes), strawberries and saigon cinnamon to it.

2m81un4.png
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    Throw it away!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    I only like it when I disguise it in things. I put it in my salads, protein shakes (can't taste it at all), or scrambled into my scrambled eggs (it makes them really fluffy!)
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    i love it in fruit cocktail!
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    I only like it when I disguise it in things. I put it in my salads, protein shakes (can't taste it at all), or scrambled into my scrambled eggs (it makes them really fluffy!)
    ill have to try that in scrambled eggs...
  • I like mustard on my cottage cheese. I use to get awful looks and YUKS from everyone, but it really is good. You don't know how it tastes until you try it.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    I slice a cantaloupe in half, scoop out the seeds and put cottage cheese in the hole. So good!
  • I like to make a burrito with lentils, cottage cheese, and salsa. We also use it in our lasagna.
  • Here are a few of my favs!!!!

Cottage cheese mixed with pesto and pepper, served on anything!

Cottage cheese as a spread on toast with chilli, garlic mushrooms on top

Avocado and cottage cheese smash with poached eggs

Cottage cheese and tomato with a balsamic glaze on rivita!
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    on a wasa crisp n light cracker.. a sliced tomato.. cottage cheese and a little salt n pepper. a cucumber also works.. a nice savory snack!
  • I use cottage cheese in my scrambled eggs, instead of milk. It adds more protein and gives a hint of cheesy flavor to breakfast! It just melts down, like normal shredded cheese would.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    I usually add crushed walnuts, blackberries (or grapes), strawberries and saigon cinnamon to it.

2m81un4.png
    That looks so delicious. I mix equal part of greek yogurt and cottage cheese. It helps offset the sugar in the yogurt and decrease the sodium in the cottage cheese. Its also great with cinnamon and diced apple with some sort of nuts (walnuts or almonds), granola, fiber one or kashi cereal or mix with a partially thawed frozen banana, honey, cinnamon mash with fork and eat.

Great with any fruit. Or, mix with some plain greek yogurt(optional), diced cucumber, salt, pepper, garlic salt, feta cheese, greek olives, oregano or greek seasoning to taste. Use as veggie dip in a pita with veggies like cucumbers, peppers, sprouts, or dip Stacy's multi grain pita chips in it or use to top a multigrain bagel and add tomato....
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    I like to make a burrito with lentils, cottage cheese, and salsa. We also use it in our lasagna.
    that sounds great
  • natalovesmusic
    natalovesmusic Posts: 49 Member
    with grapes! I tried cottage cheese with them as a last resort (it was either grapes or...apples?). it's really good
  • margoanton
    margoanton Posts: 13 Member
    Add chives, lots of fresh ground black pepper and a chopped tomato.