Advice you don't 100% follow but know you should

Options
I'm not sure if this has been done but this is my list of things I don't always adhere to, but everytime I do it makes a significant positive impact on my weight loss/toning. add yours :)

1. Drink more water
2. Get more sleep
3. Do strength training/weights
4. Avoid Alcohol
5. Eat more (my calories can slip quite low)

When I follow those tips/advice I shred a lot but some of it's sooo harrrd to follow all the time lol

Replies

• doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Don't step on the scale more than once a week.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Don't go over your calorie limit. Even if that chocolate cake on the breakroom table is super pretty.

Otherwise, I'm good.
  • claire_90
    Options

Oh that one applies to me too! ( 3 times a day is where I am currently at and the flucuations can do my head in, I only record once a week and that number is always a loss, if I only stepped on them once I would be so much happier!!)
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this has been done but this is my list of things I don't always adhere to, but everytime I do it makes a significant positive impact on my weight loss/toning. add yours :)

2. Get more sleep

*this*

*sigh* It's 2:40EDT and I should been asleep 2.5 hours ago! One more topic thread and I'm done...
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Yep, and

1/don't eat carbs at night
    2/ Don;t eat after 8pm
    3/ Don't eat dessert

all kind of related, I guess :)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Stay off the forums.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Exercise daily, even if it's just a walk.
    Eat clean, give up unhealthy snacks and junk food.
    Give up starbucks, fattening coffee creamers, and baked treats
  • TrimThinTonedTight
    TrimThinTonedTight Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    1. Definitely get more sleep (It's 12:58am MDT. Studying for a midterm that I should have had all nicely set out a week ago. :yawn: )

2. Don't push yourself too hard if you're just starting out/are in pain. (Hurt my knee because I wasn't used to strenuous exercise)

3. Don't eat in front of any screens. (Mindless eating. :sick: )

4. Drink more water. (I never remember to bring my water bottle with me to Uni)

5. Eat as regularly as possible. (I tend to have a small breakfast, skip lunch, large snack when I get home, medium sized dinner, medium sized snack, small snack. Which is bad. :P I either overeat or under eat by a fair bit)
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily
    2. Eat more protein , less carbs
    3.Weigh myself once a week only
    4. Don't compare myself to others
    5. Don't do too much, too hard, too soon physically
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    1. Definitely get more sleep (It's 12:58am MDT. Studying for a midterm that I should have had all nicely set out a week ago. :yawn: )

2. Don't push yourself too hard if you're just starting out/are in pain. (Hurt my knee because I wasn't used to strenuous exercise)

3. Don't eat in front of any screens. (Mindless eating. :sick: )

4. Drink more water. (I never remember to bring my water bottle with me to Uni)

5. Eat as regularly as possible. (I tend to have a small breakfast, skip lunch, large snack when I get home, medium sized dinner, medium sized snack, small snack. Which is bad. :P I either overeat or under eat by a fair bit)

I'm guilty of number 3 lol, but I do portion out my snacks for the game/tv program I intend on watching and pew log them so I know I can eat the amount in front of me lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

2/ Don;t eat after 8pm

i dont understand why you shouldnt do either of these?
  • Gennacy
    Gennacy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Eat Clean
    Drink more water
    Exercise/strength train more *i do walk 4 miles a day*
    Don't look at the numbers on the scale and be disappointed
    Probably get more sleep!

Eating cleaner is definitely my number 1 though, when its only me to feed i find it hard to stay away from the microwave meals :(
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    -eat your exercise calories back
    -eat more to weigh less
    -avoid soda
    -strenght training

..........:noway: no thanks!, i wont eat my exercise calories back, i wont eat more, i wont avoid soda and i wont do strenght training :bigsmile:
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options

2/ Don;t eat after 8pm

It's outdated misinformation is all. I eat right before bed, it hasn't hurt me one bit, as a matter of fact it's 12:10 and I'm about to eat in a little bit then go to sleep.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

2/ Don;t eat after 8pm

Fairly curious myself. Last I had heard, the whole 'night eating makes you fat' stuff had been totally debunked, so long as that food still fit into your daily intake requirement.

Admittedly, eating late can screw with some people's sleep, and in those cases, it should be avoided.
  • claire_90
    Options
    the carbs and late night thing doesn't make any sense to me either!

If I stop eating before 8pm I usually just wake up at like 5am starving. I'd rather eat later and sleep in otherwise breakfast is early, lunch is early and I snack all afternoon waiting for dinner

carbs help brain function, they are important :)
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options

2/ Don;t eat after 8pm

No idea, but it's what "they" always say (I'm reading a book called "Lose the last five kilos" - I think I might throw it out the window!
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options

2/ Don;t eat after 8pm

It's outdated misinformation is all. I eat right before bed, it hasn't hurt me one bit, as a matter of fact it's 12:10 and I'm about to eat in a little bit then go to sleep.

I always heard it was because you don't burn calories while you're sleeping. But I always eat at night. In fact the only time I dont' eat is when I'm sleeping! I like to have a variety of small things throughout the day and I've had luck doing that over the not eating because of what time it is thing because smy body isn't starving when I wake up or go to sleep.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

No idea, but it's what "they" always say (I'm reading a book called "Lose the last five kilos" - I think I might throw it out the window!

Sadly, some books serve best as overpriced window props.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options

1. Drink more water
    2. Get more sleep
    3. Do strength training/weights
    4. Avoid Alcohol
    5. Eat more (my calories can slip quite low)

When I follow those tips/advice I shred a lot but some of it's sooo harrrd to follow all the time lol

1. Avoid Alcohol
    2. Get more sleep.

OP I dated your twin, are you as evil as she is?