I know it sounds stupid...

Options
but I NEVER go over on my calories because I HATE to see the negative red numbers! If I have 50 calories left I'd rather not eat anything else than eat something with 80 and see those stupid red numbers! They mess with my mind. Does anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• kltobin2010
    kltobin2010 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just joined and already I hate to have a surplus of cal or just left over cal. As you, I rather not eat anything else either for fear I will go over my daily cal intake, yet I want to make sure I'm eating enough! So NO, it doesn't sound stupid at all and it def messes with my head too! :)
  • rosalie_g
    rosalie_g Posts: 71
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean lol I hate those red numbers!!
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Maybe they should have a gradient of colors for that, like the terrorism alerts. Ya know.. yellow , when its close, orange when your gettiing farther under or over, and save the red for when the number is like hundreds off.
    :happy:
  • Sway
    Sway Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same way! I think of it as a motivator actually!!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    yes! I am the same way too! I HATE seeing the red numbers! I feel guilty like I have done something really bad!
  • gennyvieve
    Options
    i am with you!!!! i do the same thing!

i LOVE the idea of the gradient colors---that would be awesome! ;) what a great idea!
  • Reno911_Girl
    Options
    i even get aggrivated with the negatives on the other stuff like fat. Is it all bad fat i ate or is it some of it good fat? etc. It's like...grrrr
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    They don't bother me anymore because I track my calcium and my fiber along with the basics... and I AIM to make my calcium and fiber in the red! (Because that means I surpassed the minimum goal!)
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    They don't bother me anymore because I track my calcium and my fiber along with the basics... and I AIM to make my calcium and fiber in the red! (Because that means I surpassed the minimum goal!)

With you on these - I have yet to swing this!! Even when I *do* go hundreds of cals over (on all healthy stuff).
    The red cal #'s don't bother me though. The red fat, sugar and sodium bug me a bit.
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    I am the same way. But I kind of feel that MFP does not help the situation, the way it "announces" Dmags was under her calories today!
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Maybe they should have a gradient of colors for that, like the terrorism alerts. Ya know.. yellow , when its close, orange when your gettiing farther under or over, and save the red for when the number is like hundreds off.
    :happy:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Even with a 1000 calorie daily deficit, I can't stand to even see a red -1. It's sad. lol