Proper Football Teams (Soccer to some)

Options

Replies

• Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'll give you one guess who my team is.

And no, we're not all like that. And yes, I am embarrassed by it sometimes.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Deportivo de A Coruña
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love watching the Premier League! My favourite teams are ManCity, Arsenal, and Spurs. Well, up until that point when AVB finally gets rid of Friedel - I'll be SO through with Spurs then! (love Friedel. And Howard Webb *phwoar*) :D

Edit: I forgot: I like Newcastle too! Is anyone listening to the Football Ramble? They are the best footy podcast out there.
  • alanpaulyoung
    Options
    Dirty Leeds!
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hibenian FC (Hibees), from Edinburgh.

Not a great team but i've supported them for years
  • iSpuggz
    iSpuggz Posts: 39
    Options
    I love watching the Premier League! My favourite teams are ManCity, Arsenal, and Spurs. Well, up until that point when AVB finally gets rid of Friedel - I'll be SO through with Spurs then! (love Friedel. And Howard Webb *phwoar*) :D

That's why you support Spurs? Thought it was strange to support Arsenal and Spurs! Haha.
  • TimmyT66
    Options
    For the second year running, all our clubs in the Champions League seem to be struggling.

Is this becuase the standard in the PL is going down or are the rest of Europe catching us up?

I

I think the problem is the EPL is played at a far different tempo than European games. Thats is the problem. The Europeans bar Barca and Real, play a far more methodical approach as opposed to the EPL 1 million MPH way. We get found out as a result. Barca and Real, just play anyone off the park when they hit top form.

I love the EPL, but we will only struggle further.

Agree totally bet you were gutted when Chelsea won the Champs League and put you in Europa!
  • RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My claim to fame is that I once worked with Kevein Keegan for 2 weeks at a Soccer Cricus he set up in 1991.

One of the nicest guys I have ever met.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Premier League: Man U, Everton, Spurs, Fulhamerica (from back in the day with Carlos Bocanegra, Brian McBride and Clint Dempsey)

Spanish League: Barcelona

MLS: Seattle Sounders

Mexican League: Chivas
  • loliblullama
    loliblullama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Don't really watch footie much anymore, but when I was in Islington more often I went to all Arsenal games. Definitely a gunner here... even though they are quite painful to support :laugh:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    by the way, my dad is good friends with Ray Hudson.
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    I've got my tin hat on for the flack, but a Tottenham Hotspur fan all my life.

For all you Americans, we currently have Clint Dempsey and Brad Friedel in our squad., both are legends!

COYS!!

Same here Frazer. Big supporter of Spurs from the States. Love the squad. Tough loss last week vs Chelsea though. Really glad the squad picked up Dempsey. He's played well for the team. COYS!
  • fozzie500
    fozzie500 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    man city season ticket holder here! enjoying the ride,last night an example of how as a city fan you have to take the lows as well as the highs!
  • FitFrazzle
    Options
    For the second year running, all our clubs in the Champions League seem to be struggling.

Is this becuase the standard in the PL is going down or are the rest of Europe catching us up?

I

I think the problem is the EPL is played at a far different tempo than European games. Thats is the problem. The Europeans bar Barca and Real, play a far more methodical approach as opposed to the EPL 1 million MPH way. We get found out as a result. Barca and Real, just play anyone off the park when they hit top form.

I love the EPL, but we will only struggle further.

Agree totally bet you were gutted when Chelsea won the Champs League and put you in Europa!

Initially I was gutted, alot of my friends are born again Chelski fans so the ribbing I got from that was in the same league as Badger baiting!!

However in hindsight, we lost our right to be in the Champs league during the Fabio, Woy, Harry situation. We SHOULD of finished 3rd in the Premier league but Redders bottled it and got caught between two jobs, one he had and one he wanted. As a result we paid the price, finished 4th and the rest is history.

It is refreshing though to see the EPL (Bar United) totally 'balls-ing' it up in the Champs league.
  • chunkyjeff
    chunkyjeff Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Barnsley fan all the way .... Come on you tykes !!!!!
  • TimmyT66
    Options
    man city season ticket holder here! enjoying the ride,last night an example of how as a city fan you have to take the lows as well as the highs!

Mancini seems to be using that excuse "we failed to prepare properly" a lot, said the same when Everton beat you. Another bit of great business by Moyes selling you Rodwell :smile:
  • Murf1968
    Murf1968 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Birmingham City fan here.

Having a poor season compared to last (new manager taking over doesn't seem to have helped) but last season was fantastic following them in Europe! I'm 44 and never thought I would see the day.

The picture in my weight loss ticker is from last season when we took 8,000 to Bruges for a Europa League game - a goal down inside 3 minutes but won 2-1 with the winner in the 10th minute of injury time!

Happy days. Then, not now.
  • Liverpoooooooooooool!!!
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    Manchester United all the way!!!

We. Are. UNITED!!

Yes we are :happy:
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Liverpool FC, I am going the match tonight.