Advice you don't 100% follow but know you should

Options

Replies

• bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options

1/don't eat carbs at night
    2/ Don;t eat after 8pm

i dont understand why you shouldnt do either of these?
    No idea, but it's what "they" always say (I'm reading a book called "Lose the last five kilos" - I think I might throw it out the window!
    Haha you made me lol! I think (and I may be wrong) that the premise behind it is that 90% of people weigh in the morning and if you don't have anything to eat for several hours that you will weigh less, which is true. However what they are not taking into account is that your not actually losing weight doing this, just weighing when your stomach is completely empty which isn't really weight from fat, just weight from food your still digesting.
  • gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Eat enough fibre.
    I eat lots of vegetables but have several days where I don't meet my fibre goals. That is something I really need to work on.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Need to eat more veggies
    Need to eat more veggies
    Need to eat more veggies.....
  • claire_90
    Options
    I'm not sure if this has been done but this is my list of things I don't always adhere to, but everytime I do it makes a significant positive impact on my weight loss/toning. add yours :)

1. Drink more water
    2. Get more sleep
    3. Do strength training/weights
    4. Avoid Alcohol
    5. Eat more (my calories can slip quite low)

When I follow those tips/advice I shred a lot but some of it's sooo harrrd to follow all the time lol

1. Avoid Alcohol
    2. Get more sleep.

OP I dated your twin, are you as evil as she is?

I am a sweetheart!
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Eat enough fibre.
    I eat lots of vegetables but have several days where I don't meet my fibre goals. That is something I really need to work on.

Ha - I am always over my fibre goals....the side effects can be somewhat disconcerting :)
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    One of my bigger ones I need to remember to follow-eat food with less sodium and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Drink more water
    Get enough sleep
    Do weight training
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    To me, what would be logical would be to follow the advice with the best research data to back it up. But do I? Do I heck as like!

The two really obvious ones are:

1) sugar is pure evil, so eat less of it
    2) in the long term, not eating meat protein will lead to increased loss of muscle mass

In the case of 1), I just love my cakes etc too much. I'm not overweight, and the evidence against sugar isn't publicised widely enough for it to reach my conscience that often. In the case of 2), I haven't eaten meat, apart from fish, for over 2/3 of my life, and the idea is rather yucky.

On the other hand, I'm great at taking advice that suits my preferences: I eat loads of fibre and dairy (though it interferes with iron absorption) and olive oil (though some research suggests it was the fish and tomatoes making the Mediterranean diet so healthy, and olive oil was purely coincidental).
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this has been done but this is my list of things I don't always adhere to, but everytime I do it makes a significant positive impact on my weight loss/toning. add yours :)

1. Drink more water
    2. Get more sleep
    4. Avoid Alcohol

When I follow those tips/advice I shred a lot but some of it's sooo harrrd to follow all the time lol

I definitely need to do all of those... especially avoid alcohol and get more sleep :3 they kind of correlate too haha. It's hard being a student and being healthy is my excuse ;p
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

1. Drink more water
    2. Get more sleep
    4. Avoid Alcohol

this..along with don't make excuses...I used to.but not anymore
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

1. Drink more water
    2. Get more sleep
    4. Avoid Alcohol

1Water is subjective. You only need as much as your body tells you. If you don't feel dehydrated then you are fine. There is NO standard a body really needs. Also, stuff like iced tea and many other drinks count as well as water is a huge ingredient in those.
    2. I concur and need to do this myself.
    4. You don't need to avoid alcohol. Stuff like spirits and wine can help with fat loss if combined with a high protein diet. When you drink try to stay away from yummy carbs. http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html

My list
    1. Stop going out to eat!
  • badguye
    badguye Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Need to eat more veggies
    Need to eat more veggies
    Need to eat more veggies.....
    or in my case eat veggies..........
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Stay off the forums.

^^ Haha - yeah, this!

Also, I am terrible at taking rest days when I'm sick. I've been sick the last week or so, and I am having a hard time NOT sticking to my normal workout schedule.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Don't step on the scale more than once a week.

Yep, and

1/don't eat carbs at night
    2/ Don;t eat after 8pm
    3/ Don't eat dessert

all kind of related, I guess :)

Er, what?!

I eat carbs anytime, I eat after 8 p.m. and I also eat dessert if I want...if it isn't overconsuming, then... *shrug*
  • michwinger
    michwinger Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    1. Eat more veggies
    2. Get more exercise. I need someone to call me every morning and get me up! lol
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Don't eat a piece of the red velvet cake with cream cheese icing someone left on the break room table!!! GRRR!
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Exercise more
    Stop eating so many 'treats'.

I have just starting exercising more but need to keep it up. I'm also about to go and dive into a box of mixed mithai. Swings and roundabouts.
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Don't step on the scale more than once a week.

ME TOO ME TOO! I step on the thing 50 times a day i swear!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Eat organic
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Watch your sodium. jfc Sound.