Mashed potatoes

Options
So I haven't made mashed taters in FOREVER but my boyfriend was craving them this weekend.

I have some random questions about mashed potatoes.
I plan to make some but I want to do it in a big batch and portion it out into containers.

Can you freeze mashed potatoes and have them still taste ok when you thaw and reheat?
I've never frozen them before...

This one doesn't relate to my first question.
Every recipe I've looked at calls for sour cream, dairy, milk, butter and/or some combination of the three.
I rarely buy sour cream just because I don't use it unless I'm making cheesecake, I don't buy dairy milk because I don't like the way it tastes (I get almond milk), and I do have butter for when I have free time to bake.
But I ALWAYS have plain greek yogurt, would it be possible to use that if I don't have sour cream??

Final question, what is your method of making mashed potatoes??
Just looking for ideas/suggestions

Replies

• keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can use plain Greek yogurt! I like Greek Gods because it has a tangy flavor that tastes a lot like sour cream. I use it in dips and any other recipe that calls for sour cream including a topping on baked potatoes, tacos.... I made dip with it for a party. One of my young nieces loved it. She asked what I made it with and was shocked to find out it was yogurt because she said she doesn't like yogurt, lol.

Sorry I can't help you on the freezing, I've never tried that.
  • mommygirlx3
    mommygirlx3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    yes you can freeze it.