20 pounds does show!

Options
deedeehawaii
deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
Today brought a reversal of the usual problem of discovering that my jeans do not fit because they are too tight. Because today, I dug down into the drawer and took out an old pair, pulled them on, and they would not even stay up. I could not believe it! I must have bought them at my highest of nearly 150 over a year ago. I'm now 128. It was a real treat to find that the pants were too big, instead of finding that they would not zip up (which is my usual problem, when trying to fit into my "skinny jeans" if I have picked up a few pounds).

Sometimes I wonder if 20 pounds actually "shows" on my body. But after seeing those baggy pants today, and knowing that they once upon a time fit me (ouch), now I know that 20 pounds DOES SHOW!!

What great motivation for myself. :bigsmile:

Replies

• diana4kids
    Options
    Awesome.
  • lorivent1
    lorivent1 Posts: 16
    Options
    I cant wait to experience the same!
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    indeed! That's fantastic. It has to be a great feeling. Good for you!!!!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    can't wait to join the ranks! Congrats!!!!!
  • jrr7
    jrr7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same "problem" and I'm ecstatic! My only dilemma now is whether to go buy a couple of new pair of jeans since none of mine fit anymore and are starting to get a little ragged, or to keep tugging on them and wait until I've lost a little more. I think I'd feel better in some new jeans, but I don't want to get too "comfortable" where I'm at.
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same "problem" and I'm ecstatic! My only dilemma now is whether to go buy a couple of new pair of jeans since none of mine fit anymore and are starting to get a little ragged, or to keep tugging on them and wait until I've lost a little more. I think I'd feel better in some new jeans, but I don't want to get too "comfortable" where I'm at.
    Buy one pair of inexpensive jeans that fit well at your current weight. That way, you can take full advantage of looking better NOW, while not investing too much in something that will not be useful for long. I've found decent jeans for less than $15 at Walmart, and worth every penny, so that I can feel the happiness that comes from good fitting jeans (not too baggy from too big, and not having a "muffin top" from too tight).

Yippy! I'm getting rid of those baggy pants!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!