• sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Yes straight away
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yes, otherwise I am lying to myself.

ETA - I just had to add a 12lb gain. Sucks, but its true.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I have changed my start weight twice. The first time was when I first started. I weighed myself and put that weight, then I weighed myself every day for the following week, worked out the average and put that weight as my start weight instead, just to allow for fluke measurements. I didn't want to think i'd lost when I really hadn't lol.

Second time...I stopped visiting several months ago when the wedding plans really heated up, came back. I had been 3lb from my GW when I left, after the wedding I weighed more than when I started lol, so I changed the weight to reflect that and started over. If I gain back everything I've lost while still working the system I just man up and bear it.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I wait, if my weight is still up in 2 weeks I post the gain, but otherwise my weight is up and down all the time by a few lbs. so I don't post that.

yes pretty much this
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. If it takes me longer than expected to lose the weight then I'll adjust it but otherwise I don't bother. Especially with water weight. It's there one day, gone the other day.
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I wait a few days and if its not a one of thing, I enter it.
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I would wait for a week or two. If I haven't lost it by then I'd log it! I'd rather be logging "lost" weight than waiting to lose gained weight before I could log lost weight again. Does that make sense? In other words....add it back so you can enjoy losing it again! This makes me happier than trying to hide the fact that I gained. We all have our ups and downs.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    No, I don't record it or I would constantly be changing mine up and down. sodium does that to me. I just lose it, and start recording after I get back down, and drop that next pound. I also gained 5 lbs from vacation this weekend, I have just been drinking ALOT of water hoping some is sodium - have dropped 2 pounds last night - have 3 to go.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week and regardless of whether i've gone up or down I always log it.
    +1.....

So far, I've been very successful with MFP......haven't seen this "slump" of gaining any weight BUT I despise the scale......sosoooo....I only visit it once a week.....lol. That's my pact with the scale lol.....I've read so many horror stories of "weight fluctuating" etc....throughout the day....so I only weight myself once or twice a week......always in the morning, down to the skibeez, typically before my shower.
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    No, I do not adjust as weight will go up and down 1-3 lbs. Sodium with water retention also has alot to do with weight. I came back from vacation after 12 days and was 3lbs up and two days later they were gone along with two more pounds. I do however, only show that I have lost a pound when my scale reads the same thing two days back to back.
    Drink lots of water, eat good fresh fruit and kill the cardio over the next five days and you will drop the five plus.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Whether or not I record is kind of arbitrary. I won't log a gain if it's close to TOM (it'll come off in a week anyway), or if I just started a new exercise (it's just water weight), or I haven't pooped in a few days (sorry, TMI). To be fair I won't post a loss either if I don't maintain it for at least 3 days.
    I've dealt with all of this in the past couple weeks. I started Insanity last week and immediately went up 3 pounds. Over the weekend (when the water weight should have been coming off), I got a little stopped up, then when that was moving again, TOM started up. I'm still 2 pounds up but I know it's not "real" gain. It'll be gone in a few days when I've adjusted to Insanity and my nether regions are back to normal.
    If the scale goes up because I've been eating more than I should and not exercising, I catch it quickly because I weigh daily. If I still gain because I weigh daily and don't care, I will log the gain and use it as motivation get get going.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Only on my weekly weigh in day. If I gain or lose during the week I don't log it if I weigh myself
  • prinlea2000
    prinlea2000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I WI once a week & record that weight (be it a loss or a gain).

My start weight I have re-set once since I originally entered it a year ago when I joined MFP. I just re-set it this week (the 'one time') because I have put on over 10 pounds in the last year & wanted a 'fresh start' with the accurate number. I was getting hung up on that original start weight, so I figured it best to adjust it to the current weight & get that old # out of my head. I'll get back to that # & eventually get lower than it!